Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Joys of Cycling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Joys of Cycling
    Posted: 24 August 2016 at 7:45pm
Thought I'd start a new, positive topic....

Inspired by my son, Sam, I started cycling again in January, slowly and steadily on a trainer until the weather got warmer.

Now a stone and a half lighter and loving every mile of riding around Burnham Beeches, Maidenhead, Hemel Hempstead, Latimer, Flaunden, Chesham.... The list could go on and on; I feel blessed to be living in an area with so much variety; hills, flats, pubs, cafés, canal towpaths - fantastic :-)

Even did the bike leg in a triathlon for work last Sunday, now I want to do a whole one!

If anyone harbours a desire to get out there, do it! If I can help with any advice, just ask...

P.S . A good ride (on a bike) means guilt free cake  Smile
Who's the ringleaders? Every fifth man!!
Sponsored Links

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 8:24pm
Is this mountain biking or road biking we are talking about Larry?  Plenty of mountain biking seems to go in the woods over behind Robertwood School

Obviously it treats a whole different muscle group to road riding
Paul_G View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 9:33pm
Larry,

WELL DONE!

A bit hot today for cycling but the more you do the easier it gets (until you get 'Old'!)  Nice to get a good news story here.

P
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 9:50pm
hot, too right.   I went out tonight for 50 mins, it was swealtering
Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2016 at 10:48pm
Some great routes and rides out towards missenden and risborough. Look at Ammersham Road Cycling Club website. Great club and cater for all abilities.
Is back in the game! :)
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2016 at 12:02pm
Chesham Lane always seems very popular with cyclists, but absolute death trap - imagine they are pleased now it has finally been resurfaced.

Whilst on a trip to the South Downs, saw plenty of cyclists and fabulous smooth roads for them.  From a tourism business point of view, it would be good for promotion of the county to have set roads promoted and keeping them in good condition - self financing.
Larry View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2016 at 4:30pm
Not the weather for pleasure cycling today, although my lad is in the middle of a 3 hour training ride!  

Spent the time building a time trial bike for my daughter, so all is not lost.

Had a look at the Amersham Road Club site, Walrus, thanks for the tip, I had no idea they were there!
Who's the ringleaders? Every fifth man!!
 Post Reply Post Reply