Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

family History ELLIOTT? HAMILTON/ANDERSON

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conyers2711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: family History ELLIOTT? HAMILTON/ANDERSON
    Posted: 23 July 2016 at 10:07pm
Hi there,

I'm trying to locate distant family members who are descendants of the late Alexander Elliott Hamilton. He lived on Hillfield road.
We are descendants of Thomas Conyers Elliott b.1882 Kent who was disinherited by his father Major Robert Elliott an eminent Veterinary surgeon of Putney & Middlesbrough. Thomas lived in Putney/Upper Richmond Road/street & then lived in York after his father died.
Thomas Conyers Elliott had a son Robert Conyers Elliott b.1931-d.2002 late head of piano/keyboard studies at The Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester. His son is Thomas Dominic Conyers Elliott b. 1966 York & our children are Robert Michael Conyers Elliott, Henry Alexander Conyers Elliott & Elizabeth Jane Conyers Elliott. We kept the tradition of the names & alternation Thomas & Robert with each generation ( an Elliott tradition in our family ). I'm Jayne an amateur genealogist (& family member ) & I've traced the Elliott family past & present through all the family history websites,guesswork & documents.

Many Elliott family heirlooms and knowledge passed through the line of Major Robert Elliott's daughter Gladys M Hamilton ( nee Elliott wife of Stanley Hamilton who resided at Criss Grove in the 1970's).
Their son was Alexander Elliott Hamilton who died in 2007.
I believe his daughter to be Patricia Margaret Anderson ( nee Hamilton )born about 1946. She may still live in Chalfont St. Peter.

We would love if anyone knows or could contact Pat to contact us, as we want to conclude our family history on the Elliott family & any knowledge she may have to help us. Pat would be a cousin. I do have an address for Pat & I'm quite happy to share this privately if anyone can help, but its from 2007, so she possibly may have moved or deceased. We just don't know!
We particularly want to know why Thomas Conyers Elliott was disinherited, why the middle name Conyers was introduced into the family name, to trace back the Elliott line further from a Durham family of builders/joiners that were the first wave of Veterinary surgeons of the Victorian era that were recruited to treat horses in the wars, there may a family bible with a family tree in it? which has been seen in the past but again we don't know who has it & if any, photos of family members. We have some photos too.
If Pat has any information/knowledge we really would love to correspond/ meet up and we would like to re-establish lost connections from the past.

I guess ITV's long lost family has spurred us on to try this forum.

Many thanks for reading !!!!!!

The Elliott family

Genealogy Elliott/Conyers
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply