Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Maniac Drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2016 at 10:17am
Ah! I didn't realise that they had the facility and the ability to do this, great idea. Going to be hard to get people to do it at night though, not something I could do.
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
Sponsored Links

Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2016 at 5:48pm
Okay, it's 5.45 pm on Sunday and three Porsches are racing each other around the village. They just passed me on Rickmansworth Lane doing in excess of 60mph. Too fast for me to clock their index numbers. There are children out playing. Linford Christie learned his lesson when he crippled someone. These clowns are going to kill someone.
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2016 at 6:21pm
phone 999 a crime is being committed.  I previously used the Police non-emergency number and they advised me that as a crime was being committed it should have been a 999 call
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2016 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Jay Jay wrote:

Left the cinema last night after watching Tarzan and was merrilly driving home towards Chslfont Common when was nearly run off the road by 2 maniac drivers racing each other at speeds over 100mph. What is wrong with these A Holes!!!

And the police response, set up a speed trap on a weekday at 11am. Joke.
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2016 at 4:23pm
A certain localish car dealer likes to test the faster cars he has for sale on the M40 Uxbridge to Beaconsfield where he claims to have gone as high as 202mph....
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2016 at 6:12pm
if you call TVP ' out of office hours be ready to educate the call handler as to where chalfont st peter actually is....

we called out of hours and got through to kidlington call handlers,  they had no idea where we were and thought we were near thame  !

its a joke, dont expect TVP to turn up after dark....

need a stella and i need one now !
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2016 at 6:31pm
I did slightly better, they thought CSP was in Amersham when I called?!?!
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2016 at 6:39pm
crazy huh !
need a stella and i need one now !
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2016 at 6:50pm
"A certain localish car dealer likes to test the faster cars he has for sale on the M40 Uxbridge to Beaconsfield where he claims to have gone as high as 202mph."

Well that says something about the brains and judgement of the local car dealer.

Edited by MV Owner - 07 September 2016 at 6:50pm
The Blobfish View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blobfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2016 at 12:19pm
The amount of Police bashing on here is sad and shameful.

Unfortunately like most of the public services they too have had budget cuts up to the eyeballs and struggle to attend most jobs where partners are being assaulted, drunk miscreants are having fights, people with mental health issues threatening to end their lives and so on. Maybe rather than bashing them you can do what I have done and go out with them on nights as an observer and see what it's like and see how much sh*t they have to pick up, it was a serious eye opener for this serial complainer.

To then think that the Police can turn out an Officer at peak busy drinking/ASB hours in an instant is fanciful to catch cars doing 100+mph in their piddly Vauxhall Astras! By the time you have called it in, the racers are probably in another town.

If you call 101, it's a non-emergency number, costs you 15p and gets graded a low call. You will be lucky if they come out in 24 hours if at all.
If it's an emergency, an element of danger or the crime is happening there and then, 999.

I know from talking to the officers that the local neighbourhood teams will be unstaffed from 10pm so you are going to be getting the Amersham based 999 response team out, or maybe even officers from Chiltern/South Bucks - Taplow. So yes thats why the neighbourhood teams run speed operations during the day, because at night they are at home.

Keep logging the calls, keep asking it to go to the neighbourhood teams for information, keep making the right noises because the Police work on stats, if you make them aware of the PROBLEM they HAVE to SOLVE IT they cannot ignore it.

Better yet, help them out and get registrations, descriptions of cars whatever, anything to help them.
Only if you are serving this all up on a platter for a good few months and the problem still persist should you have any cause for complaint and then you can speak to the IPCC.

If you never phone or only phone once every 2 months I think you need a reality check and should join your local Police team on a ride along. Bet you won't be bitchin after that and realise how ruined they have become after all the government cuts etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>