Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Budgens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Budgens
    Posted: 09 February 2016 at 5:11pm
I've heard that CSP Budgens has been bought by the Co-Op and that the change will take place mid March, I understand the Co Op have bought a number of stores from Booker who took over Musgraves last year, and CSP is one of them, can anyone confirm this?
Sunray
Sponsored Links

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2016 at 9:26pm
seems so:-

http://www.insidermedia.com/insider/national/co-op-buys-15-budgens-stores
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2016 at 10:10pm
excellent, budgens is to go !

need a stella and i need one now !
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 8:01am
Budgens has been a good store for Chalfont. I can only hope Co-Op maintains the standard of convenience and customer service.

It's a shame Waitrose didn't acquire it to keep up appearances though. It feels Chalfont is going downmarket with this move.
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 8:49am
co op in stoke poges and chalfont st giles seem to manage to maintain a clean tidy store, neither sell goods that are past sell by dates, neither have failed refrigeration units, staff are friendly and attentive, 

so as far as i am concerned a definate improvement over budgens

Edited by big baggles - 10 February 2016 at 8:50am
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 10:05am
Read that on-line too and assumed it was just Chorleywood.  Would also prefer something else as not impressed with the quality of food at Co-Op's that i've used.  Saying that, no supermarket meat is ever as good as Rob the butcher in the village - no added water, doesn't shrivel when cooked etc
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 6:40pm
When Budgens had the butchers, the meat was surprisingly good and value for money. The filet steak especially. The marinated meat was also good.

I've never used Co-op. I expect it to be more expensive as they will no doubt see Chalfont as prime location for the new acquisitions

Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 6:47pm
alot of co -op prices are nationally set, i pay the same prices for co-op products in glasgow as i do in chalfont st giles
Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 9:09pm
Coop in st Giles is good. Good food, good prices, good offers and quality good.

Is back in the game! :)
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2016 at 8:02am
i agree walrus....i genuinely think a better option than budgens, i guess under tupe the staff will remain ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>