Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chalfont and Gerrards Cross Hospital

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reggae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chalfont and Gerrards Cross Hospital
    Posted: 30 June 2015 at 10:25am
Hello,

I wonder if anyone could help me? I am researching my medical history.

In 1963-4 I lived in Garrards Cross and I was wondering if any of you could tell me anything about the Chalfont and Gerrards Cross Hospital dating back to 1962/1963. I was aqed about 3-4 years and during that time my G.P. was Dr. M Brown of Pack House Road . I was also seen at the hospital by a Dr W Stokes who I assume was a consultant.

Many Thanks

Mark Davies
Sponsored Links

Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2015 at 3:14pm
Hi Mark,

Well, firstly, it's Packhorse Road (rather than Pack House), and it's Gerrards Cross (not Garrards) in case you are trying to google the place, and I'm fairly certain they don't keep old medical records there. Your best bet would be to ask your current GP where your own personal medical files are kept. They are not destroyed until you pass away.
Reggae View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reggae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 7:58pm
Hi,

Thanks for the  help. I've tried my GP records but for some reason they don't start until I'm aged 5 by which time I was living in Altrincham cheshire. I've been trying to trace myself before this age by hospitals that I attended. Ive notes from Wakefield where I was born, Norwich where the family moved to before Gerrards cross. I have letters sent to a Dr Stokes at Chalfont and St Peters hospital and at  the moment I'm trying to ascertain whether this was the same one I attended in 61/64. Bit unlikely as from what I've seen on the web the current hospital looks quite new. 

Thanks

Mark 
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 8:27am
The old hospital is still there but it is much extended and modernised. Old medical records used to be sent to an NHS facility at Smedley Hydro near Southport. Not sure if it's still the case, but your GP's reception staff should know. It'll be the same place to which they send current patients' records when they move away or pass away. I'd press them for more help, if I were you. Best of luck.
Reggae View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reggae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 9:44am
Hi Bucks Fizz,

Thanks for the information I will contact Smedley Hydro. Would you happen to know the address of the old hospital?

Thanks

Reggae
 Post Reply Post Reply