Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What!! No mention of......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 9:14am
it made LBC news !!!
need a stella and i need one now !
Sponsored Links

Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 11:34am
I'm sure there'll be a reasonable explanation for this and one should not speculate, but if I wanted to drive through Café Nero's window, I'd have to (a) be driving extremely fast in order to even mount the pavement and (b) would have to make a very sharp left or right turn. Then again, I don't drive a Porsche.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 12:02pm

OK, SPECULATING NOW BUT......

if i was about to park and depressed the wrong pedal,  ( hit the gas not the brake, you would probably be depressing it quite firmly) so in a sports car thats probably enough to easily clear a kerbstone...

if it was an automatic it may even go into ' kickdown'  or hard accelleration.....

this would be enough ' ummph'  to cross the pathway and launch through a glazed unit....

as for turning  sharp left or right i reckon sticking the nose of your porsche through the shop front would be enough to guide the car into the path of least resistance...down the middle of the shop until it came to rest by the bar/ counter.....

and if as someone has already noted the driver was also on the phone at the time then  who knows how little attention they were paying to the 'art of parking'

it seems parking skill with alot of drivers who reside around GX is lacking anyway !!!

interestingly enough the driver who parked her black range rover into the funeral directors at the end of the vale was also  on the phone at the time !!!
need a stella and i need one now !
Barn Owl View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barn Owl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 1:47pm
She wasn't on the 'phone, apparently. She was parking, reversed to straighten out then when she went forward got her heel caught so couldn't stop.
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 1:50pm
Ah, the Louboutins. Who hasn't had that happened?
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 4:22pm
[QUOTE=big baggles] it seems parking skill with alot of drivers who reside around GX is lacking anyway !!QUOTE]

Truest thing I ve heard for ages!!
timo_w2s View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timo_w2s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 4:57pm
I think in GX double yellow lines = a free parking spot.
Who is General Failure and why's he reading my hard disk?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12