Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

swimming pool?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dot poleykett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: swimming pool?
    Posted: 15 September 2014 at 5:40pm
Was I dreaming or do I remember a swimming pool in common land between the Misbourne and Gravel Hill late 40's.
Sponsored Links

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2014 at 7:08pm
It was along by the tennis courts

Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

dot poleykett View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dot poleykett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2014 at 10:30pm
Thank you Hissing Sid. I'm glad I didn't dream it.
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2014 at 6:43pm
You can still find the mounts for the diving board down there if you explore. An 86 year old local told me it was fed from the chalk springs of the Misbourne, but the force of the spring water actually broke up the concrete base of the pool on several occasions and, after they'd pulled out too many dead dogs and cats and household refuse, it was decided to fill it in.   
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dot poleykett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2014 at 1:21am
Thank's Bucks Fizz, we visit from time to time each time I think of another memory to visit each time . I bet the 86 year young local has loads of memories-hope they are as happy as mine.
phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2014 at 6:35am
foodfrom4.com
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dot poleykett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2014 at 5:02pm
Thank you phisch21. This artical has started the old memories again.
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 7:33am
Originally posted by phisch21 phisch21 wrote:

The pool gets a mention in this article http://www.chalfontstpeter-pc.gov.uk/chalfont-st-peter-history.html

Seems like PC has removed the article as the link doesn't work, perhaps the history is no longer important?

Art
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dot poleykett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 2:06pm
Thank you Phisch21,
They may take away the articals but they can't take away the memories,
Happy Christmas to all in Chalfont and beyond.
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2014 at 6:22pm
I remember the swimming pool being partially filled with slimy green water and rubbish - not a place to go unless if you were a frog.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>