Forum Home Forum Home > General > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hello

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgydave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hello
    Posted: 15 January 2014 at 11:19am
i just found this forum i lived in chalfont st peters between the 60s and 70s
Sponsored Links

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2014 at 11:34am
Ok, so who are you?
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

dodgydave View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgydave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2014 at 1:10pm
my name is dave williams i knew paul nevile well also bob cooksey me and bob had digs above rothwells grocers shop not far from the fish shop
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2014 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by dodgydave dodgydave wrote:

my name is dave williams i knew paul nevile well also bob cooksey me and bob had digs above rothwells grocers shop not far from the fish shop

Run by Harry and Maria. Harry was older and a Northerner and Maria was a blonde Austrian woman.
The shop was next door to Rodgers estate agents where Tripti is.
dodgydave View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgydave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2014 at 7:43pm
yes spot on she was austrian i lived there till they sold up and went up north
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2014 at 9:36pm
When Harry died Maria went to live in Spain and met a wealthy old guy. They married and lived half-way up a mountain which is not the best option when you get older. Eventually he died and left Maria who moved down the mountain and lived her last years alone. She died some years ago in Spain. The reason I know this is because she (and Harry) were friends of my late aunt.
Robbo View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2014 at 4:34am
I MUST have known you pair of reprobates............I was in the Merchant Navy when you lived in CSP and Paul and I were like Siamese twins whenever I was home on leave. I remember one Xmas we were stoney broke (there were three of us but I can't remember who the third one was) so we went and raided the allotments for some food. The lousy sods had got there before us and we got one lousy cabbage and a carrot *smile*. Luckily my g/f of the time came to my recue and we were all invited to her mums place for dinner. Her mum latter flattened me with a clout from her handbag in the marketplace (she used to carry a half-brick in it at all times !!). That was months later though.
The White Hart was run at the time by an ex-RAF type, complete with the RAF tie and 'flying-officer-kite- moustache. My g/f worked across the road at the Bakers Arms.
Regards
Rob
But who will watch the watchers ?
Jacobi Robinson View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacobi Robinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2015 at 11:30pm
Hello mate… Nice to know new people anywhere in the world!
 Post Reply Post Reply