Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Raj Durbar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2014 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

try elaichi at cressex........see what you think......

Looks good, interesting menu, but no prices!  Definately will try if in High Wycombe.

Sponsored Links

oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2014 at 2:15pm
Alot of Lamb in curry houses is Mutton, at least it's the same animal.
stop HS2.
AntonyMMM View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntonyMMM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2014 at 1:20pm
Gradually stopped using the Tripti after finding its dishes became quite bland and overpriced, so after seeing the good reviews on the Raj Darbar on here I gave them a try for a takeaway last night.

Very impressed - best Indian meal I have had in a long time, and cheaper than the Tripti menu too.

Will definitely be returning. 
Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2014 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

try elaichi at cressex........see what you think......

Looks good, interesting menu, but no prices!  Definately will try if in High Wycombe.

Looks like a generic boring Indian to me. At least there are some specialities on the spice and raj durbar menus.
Is back in the game! :)
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2014 at 7:29pm
i must admit i have not been for a  year or two but elaichi was always good, good quality food, great service too,  - 

i have used spice, raj darbar and maliks, along with many others and find delhi spice perfectly acceptable.... the best curry i ever had was in huddersfield.....and it was probably mutton... !LOL
need a stella and i need one now !
dave View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2014 at 12:26am
The raj darbar s Sunday lunch curry buffet is an excellent find. Only £9.95 per head, 3 courses, all you can eat. The service was spot on, and the food was delicious - the saag aloo and fresh naans were a particular favourite. Highly recommended!
dave
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2014 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by dave dave wrote:

The raj darbar s Sunday lunch curry buffet is an excellent find. Only £9.95 per head, 3 courses, all you can eat. The service was spot on, and the food was delicious - the saag aloo and fresh naans were a particular favourite. Highly recommended!

Cannot eat curry during the day myself.
stop HS2.
villager01 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote villager01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2014 at 4:06pm
Hi, we ate there recently and were really impressed with the food. Really really tasty, and plenty of it. The service was also spot on. Will definitely be going back and will use this place for our takeaways from now on. Superb!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123