Forum Home Forum Home > Frequently Asked Questions > FAQ
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow do I post a picture?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I post a picture?
    Posted: 15 April 2005 at 3:21pm

Unless you are a member of the Chalfont Snappers group, you must upload your picture to a server to 'host' it. I recommend www.imageshack.us, which has the following FAQ on uploading:

Click the frog logo or the Upload link to be taken to the front page. Select browse and find an image that you want to upload. Select that image and press OK/Open. Then press the "Host it!" button. After a short while (depending on your image size), you will see a number of boxes with links to your image. Depending on your use for the image, select any one of those links.

Make sure that none of your images are too big. Images greater than 1024kb will not upload. To find out your image's size, please right-click on the icon of your picture and select "properties". There, you will be able to see the size of the image in kilobytes. Most images, however, are much smaller than the 1024kb size limit.

Also make sure that your image is of the allowable filetypes, which are .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, and the .swf flash file. ImageShack also accepts bmp, tif, and tiff filetypes.

When you have uploaded your file, copy the link where it says 'Direct link to image', which should look something like http://img68.echo.cx/img68/4204/churchsign19sy.jpg. To copy this links, highlight it and then right click and select Copy from the menu.

Next, return to this forum and either reply to the topic or start a new topic. The third button in from the left (has a picture of a tree in a field) is the Add Image button. Click this, and delete the 'http://' part in Image URL text box. Now right click on this box and click Paste on the menu. Click OK and your image will be displayed in your post.

I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply