FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Refurbished Ivy House

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Refurbished Ivy House
    Posted: 09 March 2014 at 2:23pm
sounds like it'l end in tears....

need a stella and i need one now !
Sponsored Links

timo_w2s View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timo_w2s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2014 at 11:12am
Had a similar experience a few weeks ago. They said it would be quite some time before we would be served so we left and went elsewhere.
Who is General Failure and why's he reading my hard disk?
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2014 at 2:52pm
Wow, 26, big deal, lol...
stop HS2.
CSPman View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSPman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2014 at 1:10pm
My wife and I decided to try it out the other day...I arrived first and got a beer and some menus, the food options at this stage looked promising. When my wife arrived we decided on the food we wanted and then went to the bar to order.  The manager then informed us that she had 26 people to serve that evening and that if we ordered now it would take over an hour before we got served.

I complained at this point as the barman who had given me the menu did not mention there would be any delays.  We walked out and although the manager was very apologetic let me have the beer for free it was very disappointing.

Had a nice steak at the Village Hall...

So be warned if you come in off the street you may have to wait...so book early!
timo_w2s View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timo_w2s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2013 at 11:07pm
Yep, they tip themselves...
Nessun Dorma View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nessun Dorma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2013 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by timo_w2s timo_w2s wrote:

I think it was about £11. Total bill was £45 for three roasts and drinks plus service charge.
Service charge?
timo_w2s View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timo_w2s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2013 at 4:50pm
I think it was about £11. Total bill was £45 for three roasts and drinks plus service charge.
Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2013 at 6:36pm
How much was a roast?
Is back in the game! :)
timo_w2s View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timo_w2s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2013 at 4:13pm
We went for Sunday lunch at the new Ivy House. They had run out of roast chicken so I had the beef. It was pretty tasty although the meat was a bit tough, as beef sometimes is. The portions were decent for the Sunday roast. Staff were very friendly and polite but service was a bit slow however it was fairly busy today.

Could have done with a fire as it was a bit cool in there with this dull weather. I agree that the character was a bit lacking, but it did feel bright and clean. Will probably go back sometime.

Nessun Dorma View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nessun Dorma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2013 at 10:23pm
We went in there a few years ago and as vegetarians we had very little choice on the menu. It was vegetable lasagne or a fish dish. Yes....fish. Disapprove We pointed out that although they had made a note on the menu that the fish dishes were vegetarian, they were not really suitable for vegetarians. The waiter got very defensive and tried to argue that his girlfriemnd was a vegetarian and she eats fish (thereby implying that because she eats fish, fish must be vegetarian) and that, although we had been vegetarians for thirty years, we didn't know what we were talking about. We left without ordering and never went back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>