Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Holy Cross Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Holy Cross NSE Development

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Poll Question: Should the 'village' carry on the legal fight against the development
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
31 [77.50%]
9 [22.50%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickybird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2013 at 11:19pm
Nessun, you say that the argument has been that schools in CSP are at bursting point. Surely you understand that schooling is only one part of a much bigger picture? The crux of the Holy Cross issue is that CSP has a massive green space in its heart that is available for development. Our Parish Council and SENSE are trying to ensure that the development chosen for the site will suit our little village, and best meet its needs. Obviously, everybody knows that it will be impossible to please each and every villager, but we need to have faith that dedicated, focused people who have our village's best interests at heart are trying to promote Localism, and Transparency, and Community Consultation, and that they are absolutely determined to not let CDC ride roughshod over us.

Please may i urge people to join the SENSE website so that you can follow the debate for yourself? Especially now that CDC is also proposing allocating a number of traveller settlements for CSP! Please try to get as informed as possible so that you can decide for yourself whose side you are on, and what you think is worth fighting for...

Right, My rant is over, and it is late.
Goodnight all x
Sponsored Links

Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2013 at 5:49pm
I'm guessing everyone saw yesterday's news stories about the prediction that in the next 2 years demand for school places will have outstripped availability, and that parents using them are dissatisfied with the Government's 'free schools'?
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2013 at 6:20pm
Yeh i saw that and immediately thought of this thread!
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2013 at 8:16pm
buts it alright, its not an issue in CSP... we have been told !

need a stella and i need one now !
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2013 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

buts it alright, its not an issue in CSP... we have been told !

apparently not chris !

i am not going to post anymore on this topic,

Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2013 at 10:52pm
well i had to !!!!

Edited by big baggles - 04 September 2013 at 10:52pm
need a stella and i need one now !
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2013 at 12:21pm

well i had to !!!!

Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Nessun Dorma View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nessun Dorma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2013 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by dickybird dickybird wrote:

Nessun, you say that the argument has been that schools in CSP are at bursting point. Surely you understand that schooling is only one part of a much bigger picture? The crux of the Holy Cross issue is that CSP has a massive green space in its heart that is available for development. Our Parish Council and SENSE are trying to ensure that the development chosen for the site will suit our little village, and best meet its needs. Obviously, everybody knows that it will be impossible to please each and every villager, but we need to have faith that dedicated, focused people who have our village's best interests at heart are trying to promote Localism, and Transparency, and Community Consultation, and that they are absolutely determined to not let CDC ride roughshod over us.

Please may i urge people to join the SENSE website so that you can follow the debate for yourself? Especially now that CDC is also proposing allocating a number of traveller settlements for CSP! Please try to get as informed as possible so that you can decide for yourself whose side you are on, and what you think is worth fighting for...

Right, My rant is over, and it is late.
Goodnight all x

Yes, I understand that the development needs to benefit the village, but when people use spurious reasons for objecting to it, especially the less logical and more outlandish of stories, clearly designed to either scare people or to pander to the less diverse minded of our community, that is when a lot of residents of the village start to feel uncomfortable with siding with those who are more sensible. They don't want to be tarred with the same brush, as those who want to use the development as an excuse to denigrate anyone who is different to what they consider to be the perfect "villager."
Nessun Dorma View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nessun Dorma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2013 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Bucks Fizz Bucks Fizz wrote:

I'm guessing everyone saw yesterday's news stories about the prediction that in the next 2 years demand for school places will have outstripped availability, and that parents using them are dissatisfied with the Government's 'free schools'?

I didn't catch all of the report, but I think I heard that the figures were specific to London.
Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2014 at 7:10am
100% yes, we do not have the infrastructure to support this and it will only make our lives worse, why would you want that? How much better would our village be if people had stood against the precinct before it was built. Unfortunately not enough people realised what was happening and what monstrosity was going to replace such a wonderful collection of historic buildings. We don't need more traffic, more parking issues, more people in the doctors surgery, more pressure on schools etc.
I do agree something will need to be done with it but it should be a small scale development with some lovely timeless properties and maybe open the place up so that people can enjoy walking through, why does everything need to be on a scale that creates a disaster. Create something that enhances the village rather than the opposite, something that will help negate the precinct ( I hate that place ).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>