Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

budgens......aaaaahhhh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2013 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

The bread is 100 times better than Tescos.

just no way as good as halls patisserie though- their bread is just the best ever....
need a stella and i need one now !
Sponsored Links

oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2013 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

The bread is 100 times better than Tescos.

just no way as good as halls patisserie though- their bread is just the best ever....

well it must be 150 times better than the one across the road from budgens....DeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDead
i think their bread is the best I'VE ever had, budgens that is, baked on site from scratch.

Edited by oldchris - 23 January 2013 at 11:08pm
stop HS2.
lesleyr View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesleyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2013 at 11:35pm
Not all budgens bread is baked from scratch, they use ready mixed flours. I have to agree with big baggles. Halls make some of the best bread for miles around. We should all try to support our local independant retailers most of them produce better quality goods at competitive prices.
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 12:10am
Originally posted by lesleyr lesleyr wrote:

Not all budgens bread is baked from scratch, they use ready mixed flours. I have to agree with big baggles. Halls make some of the best bread for miles around. We should all try to support our local independent retailers most of them produce better quality goods at competitive prices.
halls don't make their bread, do they?
budgens is an independent in a way.
budgens make all their fresh bread loaves in store as far as i know, they don't make the french sticks.

stop HS2.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 3:46pm
HALLS MAKE ALL THIER OWN BREAD ON THE PREMISES
need a stella and i need one now !
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

HALLS MAKE ALL THIER OWN BREAD ON THE PREMISES
really, you learn new things.
stop HS2.
Nessun Dorma View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nessun Dorma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2013 at 9:15pm

Funny, I find the staff at Budgens very polite and helpful, the stock is fresh and prices competative.

I still tend to use Tesco or Waitrose for my main shop, but quite often the meat and veg and wine are every bit as good in Budgens.

I hope the high standards are maintained.

Last week I bought two 1.75 litre cartons of Tropicana at Tesco, for just under four pounds. Today, Mrs Dorma, in a hurry, bought two 1 litre cartons of Tropicana for just over four pounds. Six pints of milk in Budgens, £2.20, six pints of milk at Tesco express, £1.89. Not that competitive really.

ETA:

Hovis White sliced bread, £1.35 in Tesco, £1.50 in Budgens.

Then there is the range they have to offer. For example, they have four vegetarian items in the whole store, Sainsbury's local in Gerrards Cross, has a whole freezer full.

Edited by Nessun Dorma - 26 January 2013 at 9:21pm
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2013 at 4:48am
If you went to Asda it would be even cheaper. I meant competitive in that you don't have to drive to GX for a loaf of bread and a pint of milk.

Edited by Malc London - 27 January 2013 at 4:48am
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2013 at 4:53am
On another point, why would a vegetarian by frozen ready meals when Budgens have a good range of fresh veg as does the green grocer across the road. Genuine question, just seems odd, but then I don't eat frozen ready meals.
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2013 at 3:15pm

If you went to Asda it would be even cheaper. I meant competitive in that you don't have to drive to GX for a loaf of bread and a pint of milk.

no, you just go to express on the A413
stop HS2.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>