Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone recommend hedge cutting service?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2012 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Rich Kid Rich Kid wrote:

I know a local gardener who lives on Gold Hill Common who charges £15ph if you're interested - let me know.

more like it.
stop HS2.
Sponsored Links

Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2012 at 5:34pm
Thank you Rich Kid. I certainly would be interested in his contact details. When I was able to cut the hedge myself, it didn't usually take me longer than a couple of hours at most, and I'm happy to put the cuttings in my bin, even if it means holding half of them back for the following week.
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2012 at 6:59pm
the biggest problem this year is all the rain, i cut mine back, 3 weeks later, it needs it again, last year, it was 3 times spring, summer, autumn.
stop HS2.
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2012 at 8:36pm
Bucks Fizz, his name is Martin Lewis and his contact number is 07582741998. I saw him on Saturday and mentioned that you were interested.
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 7:35am
Thank you Rich Kid, I'll give him a call.
Taint View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2012 at 12:25pm
Fred Jackson.  0758 409 4480.  Charges £15 an hour, will fill your green bin for you.  Cuts hedges straight as a dye.  Perfectionist, and wont be happy until it is done properly. Wink
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2012 at 2:28pm
Thanks Taint. Greatly appreciated.
No?DireStraits View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No?DireStraits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2017 at 11:56am
dear all, just before someone tried to help me (young damsel in distress) with the homePage prob, I sorted it myself...me thinks.
anyway, to all who need my Bro Ian, EMERGENCY LOCKSMITH & Handyman - InviroSolutions' 3tradeWorkman, Recommended_By_independent_Customers (Links below) for Home, posh:) Sheds, Offices/shops, garden & Grounds MAINTENANCE, call IanGraham 0785 383 9670 & SaveNow Nr for future.
As a 1STOP, family business we are reliable, insured, vetted, FullyOperational on All School & National HOLS when other tradesmen are off, even abroad

- Police advise tradesmen shouldn't be considered even for quotes unless GenuinelyVetted & have a Traceable/landline Nr like our 01494671308. 
- Ian can beef-up  properties' security as dark month still here, fitting  InsuranceCompulsory BsMandatory Special-Locks for would-be burglars to be deterred, Reducing  your High InsurancePremiums &  BurglaryRisk
https://www.netmums.com/south-bucks/local/view/local-services/handy-man/iangraham-locksmiths-handymen-energy-saving-consultants

http://www.mylocallocksmith.com/find-locksmith/inviro-solutions/
x
Florence who doesn't want Prosecco even for VALENTINE'S day, but Bellini, Ferrari, Gucci :)   

Edited by No?DireStraits - 19 February 2017 at 12:18pm
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2017 at 7:38pm
If someone charges an hourly rate it is in perhaps in their interests to make sure the work is to a perfect standard as this may well up the amount of time the job will take.

At the end of the day, you need to convince yourself that the price they will charge gets you what you want in terms of service and the overall end result.

You may be fussy where you may want to pay for an hourly rate or you may not be which means you may want to consider a fixed price job.

Edited by MV Owner - 14 February 2017 at 7:41pm
Sally C View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sally C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2017 at 10:15am
I highly recommend: Michael Edmunds, local to: Chalfont St Giles & has been cutting such hedges, in this area, for years: 01494 764490
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12