Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metro Piazza

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2012 at 5:08pm
Went in there lunchtime. Very nice! I had a crab pasta, hubbie had a pizza, little one had a pizza, we all had a pudding, bottle of wine, soft drinks, coffees. Was all good. Staff were friendly and helpful and very pleasant, food was excellent, bill was good with 50% off main courses(£50 all in)as they are just opened. Well decorated. Thoroughly pleasant couple of hours. Hope people use it, they deserve to succeed if they keep up this standard. Also do very good take out menu, pick up only. Shall go back next week probably.
Sponsored Links

born and bred View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote born and bred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2012 at 7:11pm
I checked out the menu and it looks attractive and reasonably priced.
A few patrons inside on a Sunday afternoon!
local born and bred
Anita View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 8:52am

Four of us went there last night and we all really enjoyed it. The food was great, wine good!! and the price brilliantClap

CSPman View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSPman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 1:18pm
Looking forward to trying it out....
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2012 at 1:59pm
Finally had a chance to try out the restaurant. Had a nice meal, reasonably priced. The restaurant was quite busy as I think it needs to be to create an ambiance.  It felt almost continental. Service was good.

It is more of a cafe/restaurant in my view, suitable for light, social meals. For a proper Italian, I would still go to Rickmansworth, which has two of the best Italian restaurants I have been to, and another which isn't too bad.

So, as a handy restaurant in the village for nights when you can't be bothered to cook, then it fits the bill.

EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2012 at 3:00pm
Just had a very nice lunch in Metro Piazza, my little one loves their rabbit shaped pizza's! I had a very nice pasta and glass of wine and the chocolate souffle is lovely. Had a chat with the guys in there and can report that due to feedback they have had they have invested a considerable sum of money so that they can dim the lights in there in the evenings, it was fitted two days ago and really made a difference. There are more pictures up too and the christmas decs look very nice. All in all was a very pleasant experience. Been in there several times now and never been disappointed.
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2012 at 7:09am
Interesting about the dimmed lights because I could not help noticing on Friday (fun night) that the diners in there were still sitting in full (fluorescent?) light and fully visiible from outside. Hopefully they have the dimmed lights working by now?
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2012 at 8:14am
They were demonstrated to me so def working. I think they plan on turning them down after a certain time of day/night but I'm sure they'd accommodate a request!
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2012 at 9:14pm
was in there on friday too, only for a quick pizza and a coffee... but very good, good value, 2 for one on the lunch menu was a bonus too
need a stella and i need one now !
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2012 at 1:53pm
Was also in there Friday. Pizzas are good and had a carbonara which was reasonable.

It is not somewhere I would go for a special occasion, but being the only non-indian restaurant in the village, it is a welcome addition.

Now we need the Phoenix to become a gastro pub and we'll be sorted.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>