Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I've not seen this pic before...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I've not seen this pic before...
    Posted: 04 March 2012 at 3:56pm
Perveyor of crap knob jokes since 2007.
Sponsored Links

Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2012 at 7:21am
Love the old vehicle parked on the forecourt too. I'm told when it was the Jolly Farmers it was famed for its huge variety of sandwiches.
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2012 at 11:04pm
I buy a few things of interest for the village and have a stack of things to scan / photo for the main web site. Anyway, one thing I have done is put up a sandwich menu from the Jolly Farmer.
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2012 at 11:38pm
that's a big list, blimey..Shocked
stop HS2.
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 7:34am
That's a brilliant list. I'd heard it was famed and coaches came from far and near. I'll pass this on to someone I know who's writing a booklet about CSP pubs (past and present).
Sparkle View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2012 at 12:06pm
Not quite sure how they managed all that unless you ordered your sandwich the day before!!
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 4:51pm
They were famous for their sandwich list. It was regarded as quite an up-market pub in those days, hence the wine list which would not have normally been offered in many pubs.

On the right-hand side wall as you went in there were hundreds of foreign currency notes from all around the world.

Lucille was quite an exotic lady, who looked quite ravishing when she had her back to you but on turning round, whilst her figure & hair were gorgeous her face was a bit of a let-down as she obviously believed in "the more make-up the better" approach. I think Tom died first and she carried on for a while but what became of her, well .....

Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 7:52am
I'm guessing times are hard for them at the moment though since, The Village Hall, as it now is, is looking decidely run down inside, with slashed sofas and a leaking ceiling. Could use some redecoration. I'm sorry to say they don't seem able to afford a cleaner either, as at lunchtimes the tables are still dirty and ashtrays unemptied from the night before. A sign of the recession, perhaps?
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Bucks Fizz Bucks Fizz wrote:

I'm guessing times are hard for them at the moment though since, The Village Hall, as it now is, is looking decidely run down inside, with slashed sofas and a leaking ceiling. Could use some redecoration. I'm sorry to say they don't seem able to afford a cleaner either, as at lunchtimes the tables are still dirty and ashtrays unemptied from the night before. A sign of the recession, perhaps?

or crap management.
stop HS2.
 Post Reply Post Reply