FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
fitzy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fitzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spice
    Posted: 13 April 2013 at 7:10pm
i gave tripti one last go last week and have to say it was average at best. tried barwarchi last night and it was pretty good say 8 out of 10. will try maliks next to see who becomes my new favorite huant.

quite sad that with three curry houses (and very little else) that you have to drive to gx for a good curry.
Sponsored Links

brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2013 at 7:44am
Had a pleasant enough meal in Spice on Thursday.

The portions seemed more generous than in previous occasions.

Still not as good as the GX curry restaurants IMO.
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 8:53pm
If you like Tripti, you probably wouldn't like any curry house outside of Chalfont.

I've never had a good meal there and have tried a lot of times. Spice is close, but its better to go to GX.
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 6:48pm
I'm obviously alone in really liking Tripti then! I think their food is really tasty and plentiful. Everytime we have food from there we end up leaving tons as we are stuffed and always say next time we'll order less but never seem to! I've only eaten at Mr Poons once and that was enough, 8 of us ate and none of us particularly enjoyed it. Maybe we had a duff visit and should try it again.

Edited by Bobblehead - 22 March 2013 at 6:49pm
phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 3:42pm
very sad how little choice we have
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 2:56pm
Yes, went off topic, but talking about good restaurants made me include mr Poons along with Bawarchi and Maliks as the three best local restaurants.
phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 2:48pm
isn't that Chinese?
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 12:31pm
mr poons is good, apart from the singer..lol
stop HS2.
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 9:50am
Originally posted by brewski brewski wrote:

We now use Maliks or Barwarchi in GX for our curries.

They are the best two Indian Restaurants around. Can't fault Barwarchi.

And Mr Poons is a very good Chinese.
Chillies View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by fitzy fitzy wrote:

has anyone else noticed over the last couple of months the curries are no way as hot as they used to be. i have had 6 take aways or meals in recently and found tbem qjite bland. shame i think i will have to vote with my feet.
Fitzy if you are stuck we can happily help you with a choice of Hot Sauces and even have one with 30% Naga in if you need a nice hit
www.chalfontchillies.co.uk Twitter: @chalfontchillie Facebook: chalfontchillies

Often to be seen walking his Staffie Cross and two Chihuahuas so please say hello
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>