Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can anyone employ my Daughter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeaBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can anyone employ my Daughter
    Posted: 02 August 2011 at 3:38pm
Tongue

Hi there all

My 16year old daughter is looking  for part time/occasional work in the Chalfont/Gold Hill area.

She's on school hols at the moment and starts 6th form in September

She's done occasional child minding/baby sitting before and when paid to do cleaning can do a great job.

Seems there's nothing available in the Chalfont/Gerrards Cross shops at the moment.

All suggestions welcome
Sponsored Links

Anita View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 5:46pm
Sadly every day someone comes in my shop looking for work, I just wish I could employ more people because it takes a lot of guts coming in and asking and then being turned down. Good luck with the job hunting I am sure something will turn upSmile
Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 9:32pm
state of society in it.

None of todays youf can get jobs in it

Is back in the game! :)
PeaBee View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeaBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 8:00am
Well actually Walrus, my daughter speaks the Queens English fairly well.
J.R. View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 8:21am
I used to do summer work up at the Epilepsy Society - always worth a try...
JR was ere
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Bobblehead Bobblehead wrote:

Hello! Can anyone recommend a local house cleaning company?

Originally posted by Bobblehead Bobblehead wrote:

Finally, where is the evidence that we have a vast number of unemployed child carers, regulate or unregulated, trained or untrained in this country? Ask any parent in this village and they will tell you that finding a reliable baby sitter or a nursery or childminder place without joining a waiting list is nigh on impossible!!

Seems there is work out there!

oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 11:15am
Originally posted by J.R. J.R. wrote:

I used to do summer work up at the Epilepsy Society - always worth a try...
there always used to be kitchen work but not now.

stop HS2.
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 1:07pm
Hi Peabea,
I hope your daughter finds something soon! There are a couple of local agencies that offer babysitting services, Busy Lives in Amersham is reputable. Maybe she can see if they can take her on their books? I have a feeling she would need to be 18 though. I do have a need for a babysitter from time to time and in which case I will PM you but I have to be honest I'm not sure that I would be comfortable leaving my baby with someone so young for any length of time. I'm sure she is a lovely responsible girl so it really isn't be anything personal. It's just that you know what small babies can be like when missing Mum or/and unwell which can happens so fast!! I do however work from home from time to time and to have someone sitting my baby while I'm here could be very helpful so as I say I'll PM you if thats the case.

As malc has pointed out I also need a cleaner but again I need someone who can come on a long term basis, regular basis.

I know a couple of people who run dog walking businesses so I'll see if they have additional work over the summer that they need help with.

16 is such a difficult age when looking for work, I remember it all too well! I'll keep my eyes and ears open and let you know if I hear anything.

Edited by Bobblehead - 03 August 2011 at 2:26pm
Anita View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 3:35pm
The day I was 15 I got a saturday job in a shoe shop for the princely wage of 19 shillings and 11 pence !!! am I giving my age awayWink

Edited by Anita - 03 August 2011 at 3:36pm
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 3:56pm
Funny! My first job was at 15.......in a shoe shop! £1.20 an hour!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>