Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old village toy shop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 4:08pm
the butchers was run by the stone family, the one that is now the cafe next to the tile shop i think...Confused
Searching...

Edited by oldchris - 21 September 2010 at 4:10pm
Sponsored Links

DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 9:08am
Originally posted by oldchris oldchris wrote:

the butchers was run by the stone family, the one that is now the cafe next to the tile shop i think...Confused
Searching...

I thought the tile shop *was* the butchers? Aren't the cafe & flooring shop what used to be Rumbelows?
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
village idiot View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote village idiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 9:22am
yes the cafe/flooring shop use to be Rumbelows i use to buy my single records in there.
the tile shop was a butchers i think it use to be called Allans or Allums, think it was run by Clive?
the butchers i mean was up the market place in the very early 70's there was a laundrette there also

Edited by village idiot - 22 September 2010 at 9:22am
tobic View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 11:13am
The name Allum rings a bell, didnt they live in Leechcroft in the house on the first corner on the left going in.........had a son a bit older than me named Trevor I think...........

Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion.
Sparkle View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by tobic tobic wrote:

The name Allum rings a bell, didnt they live in Leechcroft in the house on the first corner on the left going in.........had a son a bit older than me named Trevor I think...........

Yes the butchers was in the corner called Allum and Glanfield, and the son Trevor Allum had the hairdressers shop opposite.
Roy B View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 2:17pm
Yes Floors of Distinction and the Cafe used to be Rumbelows, I remember watching the smash and grab in about 1992 when a car reversed straight through the doors and they grabbed all the video cameras. I think Andy Van Dyke was working there then. Before that it used to be the old cinema.

I saw Trevor Allum a couple of years ago when I was talking to Roy when he was in Lemmings. Roy would know all this he has been in the village now for 50 years.

phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Sparkle Sparkle wrote:

Yes the butchers was in the corner called Allum and Glanfield, and the son Trevor Allum had the hairdressers shop opposite.

Just like Sweeney Todd
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Roy B Roy B wrote:

Yes Floors of Distinction and the Cafe used to be Rumbelows, I remember watching the smash and grab in about 1992 when a car reversed straight through the doors and they grabbed all the video cameras. I think Andy Van Dyke was working there then. Before that it used to be the old cinema.

I saw Trevor Allum a couple of years ago when I was talking to Roy when he was in Lemmings. Roy would know all this he has been in the village now for 50 years.

Andy Van Dyke?
Andy mac more like, my old friend.Star
there were 2, one late night, one earlier with 20 kids cheering the raiders on...nice...Confused

Edited by oldchris - 14 March 2012 at 2:54pm
stop HS2.
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by oldchris oldchris wrote:

Searching...

I thought "Stones" was the fish-monger or one of the employee's was called Stone.

2 Butchers shops one was "Lanes" top of the market place. The other "Robertson" on the high street next to the church also had a slaughter house out the back Big%20smile

Edited by hissing sid - 14 March 2012 at 11:15pm
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

tobic View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2012 at 3:02am
Thats right Sid, Mr Stone [I forget his first name] was manager of the fishmongers Botts, where I worked saturdays............

Dead right with the butchers shops..................

Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>