FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Grange Development

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Grange Development
    Posted: 12 November 2009 at 7:36pm
Try this for parking requirements:

also.... to demonstrate the amount of care taken to understand the problems.....

Didn't know you guys had moved!!

Art

Edited by ArtB - 12 November 2009 at 7:49pm
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
Sponsored Links

Number42 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Number42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

I think the car parking issue is worth it's own thread, as inability to park on the Grange will mean people having to park on the other roads in CSP.

This will then lead to car parking zones, see Rickmansworth as an example.

Any new dwelling needs to look ahead at least 10 years, most houses where I live have at least 2 cars, many have more. This is the norm and can only increase as both parents, plus kids each have their own transport. Then you need to look at visitors car parking.

320 dwellings will need a minimum of 640 car spaces, plus at least another 50 for visitors.  In addition, the care home workers will need to park somewhere as will visitors there.   Looking at at least 700 to fulfil needs today, who knows what the situation will be in 10 years time.

Also don't assume that 1 bedroom = 1 person.  The three bed house next to me at my last address had 5 adults and 4 children in a three bed house.

All good points, especially visitor parking.
What I meant by one bedroom one parking space was the fact that there used to be a local planning application restriction for new housing such that there HAD to be at least one parking space per bedoroom - does that still apply?

That's the answer - what's the question?
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 5:33pm
I think the car parking issue is worth it's own thread, as inability to park on the Grange will mean people having to park on the other roads in CSP.

This will then lead to car parking zones, see Rickmansworth as an example.

Any new dwelling needs to look ahead at least 10 years, most houses where I live have at least 2 cars, many have more. This is the norm and can only increase as both parents, plus kids each have their own transport. Then you need to look at visitors car parking.

320 dwellings will need a minimum of 640 car spaces, plus at least another 50 for visitors.  In addition, the care home workers will need to park somewhere as will visitors there.   Looking at at least 700 to fulfil needs today, who knows what the situation will be in 10 years time.

Also don't assume that 1 bedroom = 1 person.  The three bed house next to me at my last address had 5 adults and 4 children in a three bed house.

Number42 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Number42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 4:48pm
Hasn't this been covered in the other topic about new housing development proposals?

The latest Gerald Eve proposal for Holy Cross is 320 new dwellings on the site, plus a care home for 80 residents, plus a community use building.  Oh, and plus a new convent and new homes for old nuns.

And CDC say that if there are fewer than 400 new dwellings at the Holy Cross site then the difference will be made up by more new dwellings elswhere in the village.

But I think that makes the sums on car parking more likely to be correct.
Is it still the case that new buildings in this area have to have at least one car parking space per bedroom?

That's the answer - what's the question?
Flyboy View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 12:50pm
I have heard that the estimated number of dwellings had been revised downward to just over three hundred.

I was unable to make the meeting on Saturday, due to flight scheduling, but has anyone got a summary of the meeting anywhere?
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 3:35pm
And remember that count will include garages... and how many garages get used for cars??

Art
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
tobic View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 9:02am
One car and one motorbike should be the way to go.....Big%20smile

Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion.
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 7:54am
A response from GeraldEve who are the chartered surveyors and property consultants have stated that there will be 636 on site parking spaces included in the proposals.

Now, if we are looking at between 600 and 800 dwellings, with an average of 1.5 vehicles per residence, shouldn't there be double that amount, allowing for visitors as well?

Back to the drawing board GeraldEve.

Post Reply Post Reply