Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1968
    Posted: 13 January 2009 at 7:14pm
OK -

Apologies for the slightly poor picture but it was lifted from an old cine film..

1) Who owned the garage on the right

2) Who was the  transit van parked outside

3) Who was  LTD

Art

*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
Sponsored Links

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 7:33pm
A    Dells

B    Beesons

C    I think it could have been the Bookmakers
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 8:18pm
Two out of three.

The bookmakers - That was almost going to be the answer to the next question... so what about the name?

4) Who shared a building with ......LTD   

Art
pierre View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 11:05pm
 C, Stringer? I thought it was still there ?
nice picture though, maybe thats the transit we need to "educate" the duck asassins!  (how the hell do you spell assasin?)

LOL

Edited by pierre - 13 January 2009 at 11:09pm
Perveyor of crap knob jokes since 2007.
converi View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote converi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2010 at 10:31pm
a)Dell b)Beesons c)Stringer - frontage now listed and still there or at least was there this morning when I last saw it. 14/02/10.
converi
converi View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote converi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2010 at 10:34pm
Hi, I posted answers to cine/photo of Dells garage. What happened to the cine film? Cheers, Ian.
converi
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2010 at 3:39am
Originally posted by converi converi wrote:

Hi, I posted answers to cine/photo of Dells garage. What happened to the cine film? Cheers, Ian.

still on my puterLOLLOL
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Womble View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Womble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2012 at 10:47am
1. Dells, My mum used to be the book keeper there before the war

2. It's not Beesons, that was further along, My Uncle Ron Harriss used to be the Manager in the 50/60's
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 6:32am
Originally posted by Womble Womble wrote:

1. Dells, My mum used to be the book keeper there before the war

2. It's not Beesons, that was further along, My Uncle Ron Harriss used to be the Manager in the 50/60's

It is (was) Bessons, honest.

ArtB
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 4:21pm
The ironmongers opposite the Frank E Dell garage was Beesons, I used to work there on school holidays cutting lengths of wood for customers - how Health & Safety would have loved it! No training just measure up and do it!

Further along (in the direction of Kingsway), was a small sweet shop that used to have a big plastic ice-cream cone outside as an advert. There is a terrace of houses there now.  

Didn't Stringer have something to do with building the precinct? I seem to remember he had owned/built a lot of flats for rent. I believe his son was a property surveyor, I wonder if he lives locally?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>