Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Free Parking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free Parking
    Posted: 20 July 2008 at 10:41am
Looks like we are going to get back our 1st hour free parking at Church Lane car park after a 61% drop in short term parking since the charges were introduced.

This is great news for the local shops and businesses in the village.

It is expected that the free hour will be introduced by October.

Edited by Malc London - 20 July 2008 at 10:43am
Sponsored Links

Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 10:57am
I also see, in the "Bucks Advertiser" ( Public Notices),  that they are extending the double yellow lines along Lower Road, Chiltern Hill, Grassingham Road and Grassingham End.
Sunray
CASE View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CASE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 2:13pm
good,double yellow along lower needs it.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 11:00am
i welcome it along other roads feeding off the market place too, maybe then they wont block my drive......

if i was to spill two lines of paint onto a public highway would i get into trouble ? i happen to have some gloss yellow lying around !!!Ermm
need a stella and i need one now !
jessama View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2008 at 8:35am
This is reported in the new-style Bucks Advertiser website:

I hope that link works as there seem to be some teething problems on the site.

The article mentions the sum of "£17,556 annual fee to allow the one-hour free parking period to be reinstated."

I wonder if it is a coincidence that this is exactly the sum that was raised by the sale of one hour tickets?: 

"According to figures in a CDC cabinet report, 90,270 tickets were issued for the one-hour free parking period during 2006/07, but in the 12 months following the introduction of charges, just 35,112 tickets were sold for the same one-hour period, a 61 per cent drop in the number of tickets."
Life is a balancing act
GOP
 Post Reply Post Reply