Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dishwasher Repair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribal lizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 8:34pm

Yep, Chalfont St Peter not using dishwashers will save the planet don't you knowClap!

Sponsored Links

Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2008 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Walrus Walrus wrote:

Do you lot have a problem with washing up dishes yourselves?

You can also save the planet in the mean time!

Dishwashers More Efficient Than Hand Washing
Scientists at the University of Bonn in Germany who studied the issue found that the dishwasher uses only half the energy, one-sixth of the water, and less soap than hand-washing an identical set of dirty dishes. Even the most sparing and careful washers could not beat the modern dishwasher. The study also found that dishwashers excelled in cleanliness over hand washing
Geek
Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 2:43pm
Yes but most people dont fill their dishwashers up before turning them on, therefore using more water than washing with hands.
I bet that doesnt include the electricity used to run the washer and heat the water either.

Human power is better.

Edited by Walrus - 08 July 2008 at 2:44pm
Is back in the game! :)
MarkD View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Walrus Walrus wrote:

most people dont fill their dishwashers up before turning them on

I often read debates on this forum and am amazed at how pedantic people are, but now it seems I've been converted... What are you basing that statement on?  As far as I am aware I'm fairly normal in only using my dishwasher once it's full, in the same way I only use my washing machine once I have a full load to clean - is that unusual?
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 5:51pm
Current research suggests it is even more environmentally friendly to use a dishwasher, using less than one tenth the amount of water that hand washing uses and less detergent.

BuzzBunny View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 9:44am
Originally posted by MarkD MarkD wrote:

I only use my washing machine once I have a full load to clean - is that unusual?

Most people I think tend to wait until they have 1 and a half loads before they put the machine on, cram it all in, and wonder why the machine breaks,... LOL

The discussions also ignores the fact that it takes me 5 minutes to unstack and reload my dishwasher OR 20 minutes or more to properly wash the dishes, in which time I have much better things to do - like ramming clothes into the washing machine Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12