FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dog walker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Eaton View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eaton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dog walker
    Posted: 05 July 2007 at 8:04am
Most of the dogs that I walk are while people are at work.  One is because the owner is seriously ill and unable to walk  them.  If I didn't walk their dogs for them they were thinking of rehoming them, so I fitted it in and only charge a small amount to cover my petrol.

Edited by Eaton - 05 July 2007 at 8:05am
Sponsored Links

tribal lizard View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribal lizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2007 at 6:52am
Helen. Most dog walkers are hired to pop in and walk peoples dogs during the day, say at lunch time so the dog can get some company and exersise during work hours... That does not mean the owner does not walk their dog in the morning and evenings.....
Helen View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2007 at 5:34am
Wow fully booked, think of all the overweight people who could dog walk and lose wgt could be a new industry to go into and if you could get the o/w people to pay you a introduction fee you would be laughing.
Eaton View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eaton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2007 at 8:43pm
I'm a professional dog walker and pet visitor and I charge £10 per hour, which is the normal price for this area.  However, I'm fully booked and can't take anymore work on. 

Please be sure that anyone you walk is fully insured and police security checked.

They will have a set of your house keys and control of your pet and I've seen too many unscrupulous dog walkers who walk an excessive amount of dogs, with little or no control over them and often don't actually walk them for 60 minutes.  They are simply out of the house for 60 minutes, while the walker picks up and drops off other dogs and in effect the dog may only get 20-30 minutes exercise.

Contact your local vet, they may have a list of recommended dog walkers.
Helen View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2007 at 2:23pm
There are loads of people who walk their dogs up on the heights I am sure if you put a note on your gate someone who was walking one dog might like to walk another. But part of owning a dog is walking it and getting exercise yourself?
pierre View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2007 at 4:55pm
what type of hound do you own and how much exercise does he need?

Smile
Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 9:33pm
How much you offering? Ill walk your dog for £20 a day.

Is back in the game! :)
Newinchalfont View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newinchalfont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 10:45am
Hi there
Does anyone know a dog walker in Chalfont Heights area. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply