Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Living in Chalfont St Peter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Living in Chalfont St Peter
    Posted: 09 April 2007 at 8:32pm
Hi everyone, I am considering a move to Chalfont St Peter this summer and would welcome your views on what the area is like to live in.  I have my eye on the new houses that are going up on Criss Grove - is this considered to be a good part of CSP?    Would appreciate any comments you have.
Thanks

Sponsored Links

Rachael View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 11:53am
Thats not a bad area, Chalfont is a lovely area welcome to Chalfont
RBWH
phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 12:03pm
Criss Grove is a good location. Walking distance from the shops, from GX station, St Joseph's school and the Community College. The common is also on your doorstep. 
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 12:03pm
Criss Grove is a very nice part of Chalfont, close to the village but far enough away, and within reasonable walking distance of Gerrards Cross.

The development however is unwelcome and I hadn't realised that planning had been given. It involved pulling down existing housing and building in a different style to the rest of the street, thereby altering the style of the neibourhood.

It would also increase the number of people dwelling in that area which again is unwelcome.

However, as a purchaser, you cannot be held responsible for the actions of property developers. It does also mean that the street and area is subject to change drastically if others follow suit.

This is the area where the development was proposed, taken at the time of the objection, with the two houses to the right of the end ones to be demolished.

abbey View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 8:15pm
Thanks for your replies everyone - especially the photograph.  I hadn't realised that existing houses were demolished to make way for the new ones.  The developer has said that the new houses are being built in the same style as the existing properties (apparantly makes it easier to get planning permission) but I guess time will tell.  Whenever I drive past the big gates are closed so I haven't been able to see very much at all!

Thanks again.

Post Reply Post Reply