Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Chat To The Bucks Ad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hypocrites.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hypocrites.
    Posted: 17 March 2007 at 5:38pm

The front page story in the buck sad this week is prossies hanging around in Piebush (fnark!LOL) Lane, near Beaconsfield...

On page 38 they are happily taking revenue in the form of advertising such goings on!

I know that they will, if asked state that they have no control over the advertising content. I also reckon that if I were a girlie and wanted to flog my tuppence in the bargain buys column they would take a different line!

LOL

(allegedly!)
Perveyor of crap knob jokes since 2007.
Sponsored Links

pierre View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 5:48pm
I did actually see this happening a few saturdays ago, about 3:30 in the afternoon.

A young very attractive blonde girl aged between 20 and 27 wearing a flimsy top and a mini skirt standing alone in long grass about 500 yards from the new refuse place and fire station, I thought it must be some kind of wind up because there was a plod car parked in the entrance to the waste tip just watching... I realise now that he was waiting to nick anyone for kerb crawling!

Clap another crime solved on paper!

Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 6:05pm
Haha yeh i drove by and saw 2 very nice girls up there and thought what the hell are they doing there!??! Then i put 2 and 2 together!AND NO I DIDNT TURN AROUND AND GO GET THEM!!!!
pierre View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 6:50pm
maybe they'll rename it bushpie lane!

Ouch
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 6:52pm
LOL
jake View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2007 at 11:50pm
bloody hell i move and they all come out of hidding LOL
timo_w2s View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timo_w2s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 9:34am
Have they moved on from Potkiln Lane? When I was a kid I remember a teacher telling us that Potkiln Lane was a popular place to pick up girls. At the time it didn't occur to me why he told us or how he knew about it, but now every time I drive down there I think about him but apart from the odd parked car I've not seen anything suspicious.
Who is General Failure and why's he reading my hard disk?
Sarah Booker View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Booker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2007 at 1:24pm
It's a bit unfair to lay the blame in the reporters, when as you've ready stated, they've got nothing to do with advertising.

If you want to complain about advertising content, then write or e-mail the advertising manager or Trinity Mirror's CEO.

In the Advertiser's case, journalists aren't even in the same town as the advertising department, let alone the same building.

Therefore, the reporting staff are not hypocrites.
Feeling fond of Chalfont

Tweet with me
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2007 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by timo_w2s timo_w2s wrote:

Have they moved on from Potkiln Lane? When I was a kid I remember a teacher telling us that Potkiln Lane was a popular place to pick up girls. At the time it didn't occur to me why he told us or how he knew about it, but now every time I drive down there I think about him but apart from the odd parked car I've not seen anything suspicious.

Reminds me a few years back i was coming along Potkiln Lane at about 3am and there was a police car in the lay by with its windows all steamed up!
pierre View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2007 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Sarah Booker Sarah Booker wrote:

It's a bit unfair to lay the blame in the reporters, when as you've ready stated, they've got nothing to do with advertising.

If you want to complain about advertising content, then write or e-mail the advertising manager or Trinity Mirror's CEO.

In the Advertiser's case, journalists aren't even in the same town as the advertising department, let alone the same building.

Therefore, the reporting staff are not hypocrites.

I have not mentioned reporters, Sarah. read it again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>