Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

* * * FUN NIGHT 1st December * * *

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 12:49pm

Originally posted by Barn Owl Barn Owl wrote:

.....but is perfect for those wishing to remain anonymous.....

How about a piece of red tinsel about one's person?? (Visible, obviously....)

Or we could all dress up as Santa Claus....

If that is you then fine, badges/ID not obligatory.  I have been thinking of "coming out" a bit but would need some help.

I don't think I could readily lay my hands  on a piece of tinsel ....of any colour.  And dressing up as Santa Claus is definitely not on!!!!   Although it is possible someone will be....who may or may not be a forum member.

Edited by jessama
Life is a balancing act
GOP
Sponsored Links

Emsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 12:58pm
Perhaps next year the forum could have a mulled wine stand. It works well as a meeting point at the German Christmas markets.
A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.
maria View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 1:32am
I only know a few members ie Helen, Smile
maria View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 1:35am
Where can I buy the programme/guide from and can I get it before friday night, so I can plan my night.
Jenny View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 8:26am
Originally posted by Emsy Emsy wrote:

Perhaps next year the forum could have a mulled wine stand. It works well as a meeting point at the German Christmas markets.

Is that an offer to run it Emsy?
No one really cares if you are miserable so you might was well be happy. (Cynthia Nelms)
Jenny View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 8:28am
Jessama

I will be running the Guide/Brownie stall (which will be located near HSBC). If you come over and introduce yourself I will try and introduce you to others.

Alternatively you could make yourself up a badge with CSP Forum written on it and we will all come up and introduce ourselves to you
No one really cares if you are miserable so you might was well be happy. (Cynthia Nelms)
jessama View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 8:55am

Thanks for the offer Jenny.  It seems the idea of some kind of ID went down like a lead balloon so I don't think it would be a good idea for me to be the only one with a badge.  I might want to "come out" a bit but I don't really want to stick out like a sore thumb.  Although it did cross my mind to have my avatar about my person............(briefly).

Emsy's idea for a mulled wine stall sounds like a good idea.

Life is a balancing act
GOP
Snappy View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 8:58am

I have asked Ken Arton to bring some programmes to me today to sell.

Come and see me at Chalfont Photographic

www.chalfontphotographic.co.uk
Rachael View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 10:56am
Jessama if you come in the White Hart i will be behind the bar and i will introduce some of the forum members
RBWH
Emsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Jenny Jenny wrote:

Originally posted by Emsy Emsy wrote:

Is that an offer to run it Emsy?

Yes, happy to run it.

How does one go about proposing ideas for stalls to whoever runs fun night?
A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>