Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Forum > Recipes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chilli Hot Chocolate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chilli Hot Chocolate
    Posted: 02 November 2006 at 10:34am

Chilli Hot Chocolate

This is a great warmer for those cold evenings. 

Serves 8 (ish)

Preparation time 10 minutes, plus infusing
Cooking time 5 minutes

Ingredients

2 pints milk (pref whole milk)
2 red chillies ( I use dried)
200g Plain Chocolate, broken into small pieces
200ml single cream

Instructions

Pour the milk into a saucepan.
(If using fresh chillies) Carefully slice the chillies in half lengthways and deseed, leaving the stalks attached in order to remove them from the milk easily.
(If using dired) Slit chillies lengthways
Add to the milk.

Slowly bring to a shivering simmer. Remove from the heat and infuse for 10 minutes (or longer/shorter depending on strength required), so that the milk takes on the chilli flavour.
Reheat the milk, add the broken chocolate and cream and stir on a  low heat until the chocolate is dissolved. Remove and discard the chillies.

I recommend that you infuse the chillies for a short time to start with as you can always reheat the Hot Chocolate and add chillies to infuse more strength into it.

No one really cares if you are miserable so you might was well be happy. (Cynthia Nelms)
Sponsored Links

Emsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 2:51pm
Hmmn, sounds a bit curious. Will have to try it before I judge for sure though! 

Edited by Emsy
A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.
KATE View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 6:42pm
well that does sound a wierd one. I bet it is lovely tho, im gona have to give it a try
i am happy!! Pierre is just intoxicated
timo_w2s View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timo_w2s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 7:28pm
You can buy chilli flavoured chocolate in Finland, it's quite nice.
jessama View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 8:13pm
Can buy it here too.  I recently bought a box of flavoured chocolate, one of which is chilli flavoured.  It is meant for Christmas - unless I entertain before.
 Post Reply Post Reply