Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Loch Fyne Beaconsfield

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barn Owl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loch Fyne Beaconsfield
    Posted: 22 October 2006 at 10:54am
Anyone got any opinions about this restaurant before we risk it????
Sponsored Links

jessama View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2006 at 12:07pm

I've been there a few times and I like it.  Obviously it is a fish restaurant but there are some meat options. Here is the website (this directs you to the Beaconsfield Restaurant from where you can link to the menu to save trawling through): http://www.lochfyne.com/pages/content.asp?PageID=246&Res tID=47

I disagree with the description of the "light and sunny restaurant" though.  The only natural light, as far as I remember, is a patio door in a back corner.  I find the restaurant noisy as it is modern decor with no carpets to deaden the sounds.

I'd say it is worth a try though and you can then make your own mind up.

irishrover View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2006 at 4:14pm

A good place for accommodating kids, althought my 2 year old sausage-lover thought theirs was too spicy.

On our last visit, I was a bit shocked by the calorie bomb I was presented with - The smoked haddock comes in a bowl, served on a bed of mashed potato (made with 2 tsp of cream) and surrounded in a cream sauce (with spinach and peas) of 200ml of fresh cream! I only know this as on the way out I picked up a recepie card for the dish I'd ordered giving me these details. Personally I think it was spoilt by the over-use of cream, a knob of butter would have been enough for me. But, it must be popular, otherwise I expect they'd have taken it off the menu. On the positive side, they do a a great salmon sashimi with wasabi as a starter and fabulous crab and lobster dishes.

Also, you an buy selected fish from the counter to take home and prepare for yourself, not that I've used this facility yet.

We like it in there and use it often.

jessama View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2006 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by irishrover irishrover wrote:

....... they do a a great salmon sashimi with wasabi as a starter.....

I missed that on the menu so I re-checked.  Unfortunately it is in the smoked salmon section, which means it is not true sashimi which would be raw salmon.

Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2006 at 6:06pm

I don't like fish much but tried this restaurant with friends. Had a nice meal, service was good and if I liked fish, would definately go back.

Well worth a try.

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2006 at 2:59pm
the scallops are excellent -never tried the oysters though ! - i like the beaconsfield one, the newly opened one is cobham is good too- nice new decor !
need a stella and i need one now !
jessama View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2006 at 3:49pm

Mmmmmm, scallops.  One of my favourites.  I particularly like scallops and prosciutto salad, in summer al fresco with a chilled New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.  Mmmmmmmmmmm.

Post Reply Post Reply