Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

chung ying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2006 at 1:28pm
The 'mushy' beef i got when we went put me off too.
Sponsored Links

Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2006 at 1:32pm

I find this with both Chineses. It's like the chicken has been boiled in water for hours.

muttley View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muttley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2006 at 1:41pm

we tried a new place in beaconsfield called Zizzi ,looks really good,obviously too good as it was fully booked .so we went to prince of india instead

anyone been to Zizzi ??

Doh !!
phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2006 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by muttley muttley wrote:

anyone been to Zizzi ??

yeh - like Pizza Express but more selection on the menu. There's one in Marlow as well.
Jenny View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2006 at 1:47pm
I really like Zizzi's. Even though it is a chain they have a good selection of food and the specials are always interesting.
No one really cares if you are miserable so you might was well be happy. (Cynthia Nelms)
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2006 at 2:18pm
Plus they have a 'pizza oven'. So have a pizza when you go to zizzi. I dont think the Beaconsfield one is new, been going there for a while.
irishrover View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 4:42pm

The Chung Ying bloke (owner?) will do pretty good made to order off-menu stuff, and modify their main dishes to suit your taste. My other half has an MSG allergy so they're really good at preping their meals without this, and also making hotter and milder dishes as requested.

I would recommend only one portion of boiled rice for two as the portions are really huge.

Fans View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2006 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

I find this with both Chineses. It's like the chicken has been boiled in water for hours.

I agree all their meat is mushy! Can't say I use either of the village chineses take-aways - much better, tastier, cheaper, quicker one in Chorleywood that deliver to CSP.   Ususally if you a want a delivery from the village on Fri or Sat it can be up to an hour wait, the one in Chorleywood nearly always manage to deliver within 30 mins & will always over estimate time rather than under estimate.  It once took an hour and hour for a delivery from Chung Ying! and we only live in Austenwood Lane!

irishrover View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2006 at 3:19pm
I'd like to try it out, whats their name or number?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2006 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

You cant beat the Singapore noodles at Golden River, just ask them to take the Egg out and add in more chillis

Edited by rob
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>