Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Laptop v’s desk pc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Laptop v’s desk pc
    Posted: 11 September 2006 at 5:34pm
Im thinking of getting a laptop next month.. But the pc is about 50quid cheaper and with more gadets. whats the pros n cons of eachone?
Voice of An angel
Sponsored Links

KATE View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 6:10pm

well iv never had a desktop pc, i just went straight for a laptop. I only use it for surfing, downloading music and transfering pics from my mobile via bluetooth, my laptop is perfik! I can sit on the sofa with the telly on or even in bed with a cup of cocoa and chat to you guys on the forum, i recommend a laptop!

i am happy!! Pierre is just intoxicated
KATE View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 6:14pm

oh and you can take it any where you like!

*You could take it to work and catch up with your accounts online

*take it camping with you (if your conected to the mains of corse) in case it rains

*on the train (depending on battery life and lenght of travel)

*just to the park whilst your little one is playing on the swings

*your dads house so you dont have to hog his pc

Anne View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 6:44pm
Guess it'l save space to! can you play stuff like the sims? Id only use it to surf the net mostly asit takes years on my phone. Esp that cant chat!! Ahhhh
KATE View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 6:51pm
you can play anything you want,  music cds, dvds, games ect. its got a little cd rom thingy built in on the side
Anne View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 7:17pm
Cool im gonna do some searching on the ole ebay, How much did your's cost?
Voice of An angel
KATE View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 7:55pm

i got mine brand new from dixons for 500 including bag, mouse ect....

Its only a didy toshiba, i dont need anything else!

Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 9:05pm
Ive used both, laptops are better definately in terms of convinience and space.
ReTrO View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReTrO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 10:41pm
Desktops give you more power for your penny.  Ideal if you want to play games and do stuff with software that is very demanding.

Laptops are ideal for students (who aren't like me and playing agmes a lot) for work on the move and stuff. :)  Not as good value bits wise, but way more convenient.  (Which is why I have both , inlcuding my work laptop.)
Allez Wasps

Rick

Olim vespa, semper vespa

Anne View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 10:47pm
Yeah i did think that but you can buy add ons for the memory. So could bulid my laptop up.. Nearly got one in ebay untill 5mins to end grr
Voice of An angel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>