Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Forum > Recipes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sandwiches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sandwiches
    Posted: 20 June 2006 at 10:58am
Anyone got any good and unusual ideas for sandwiches? I'm bored eating the same old fillings.

One of my favourites is dolcellate cheese, roughly chopped walnuts, rocket or watercress, roasted red pepper and little dab of mayo on seeded brown bread.
Sponsored Links

DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 11:03am
They have some odd ones here at work sometimes. Brie and cranberry was one. I think it may even have had rocket in it, which is the culinary equivalent of dandelion leaves in ones salad and should be banned.
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
jessama View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 11:08am
Brie and (white) grape is good.  Add dandelion if desired

Edited by jessama
phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 12:15pm
My daughter likes felafel and philadelphia in a khobez - middle eastern flat bread - for her packed lunches. 
Jenny View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 12:34pm
I like roast beef and horseradish
No one really cares if you are miserable so you might was well be happy. (Cynthia Nelms)
BigDave View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 1:01pm
My wife had cream cheese and strawberries the other day
If you can keep your head whan all about you are losing theirs, it's possible you haven't grasped the gravity of the situation...........

Champion Tugger 2005 + 2006
DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 1:24pm
Some South African woman today had a sliced banana with her Tandoori chicken, lime pickle, raita and rice. Most odd.
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 1:52pm
Nothing wrong with Banana & Curry. Have you tried a Kashmiri Chicken Curry?
Angie Pitts View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angie Pitts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 3:29am
My favourite is:  Rye Bread, cream cheese, chopped dates, walnuts and chopped celery - it is great when I am not feeling like having a meat filled sandwich.
Angie Pitts (nee Soars)
tobic View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 10:07am
Where is Tedious Ted..???.  He always kept us up to date on sandwiches.

Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>