Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tales Of Chalfont

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 9:51pm

My mum used to be a member of Chalfont Common WI and I have a picture of her dressed up as a highwayman, on a horse called Roma borrowed from Brawlings, doing something charitable.

I also have pictures of her doing drama things at the Community Centre and dressed as a nun, with my dad dressed as a monk, at the Chiltern Open Air Museum (of which my dad was director, many years ago).

I also have details of the visits by HRH Queen and HRH Diana to the NSE at various times (including invitations and photos, if that's of any help).

They'd be great, especially if you can put me in touch with anyone who has astory that goes with it!

I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
Sponsored Links

Steve View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 10:11pm
When the Queen visited Chalfont and drove up the market place (well she actually sat in the back of the car) Pierre and I went looking around at the crowds trying to spot the security men doing there best to blend in. We spotted quite a few 
DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2006 at 8:58am
Also, any stories about the youth club 'back in the day', famous people who have lived here that you have met/chatted to...basically anything!
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2006 at 10:45am
Originally posted by DanW DanW wrote:

Also, any stories about the youth club 'back in the day', famous people who have lived here that you have met/chatted to...basically anything!

Meg Matthews used to go to the chippy at the top of Market Place with her and Noel's daughter Anais when she and Noel were living together. Not very interesting I know, but I did have a very brief chat with her.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2006 at 11:09am
my father in law can talk the hind legs off a donkey twittering away about the village when he was young....
need a stella and i need one now !
moggies View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moggies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2006 at 8:35pm

I serevd Lewis Collins and his girlfriend in the White Hart when I was 17 (yes, underage I know...)

That was when he was famous for being in the Professionals and lived in Mopes Farm, near Winkers.

He ordered a whisky and small ginger ale and I got all stupid and twittery and served him a Tequila and large ginger ale - very embarrassing.

Have sold all sorts of things to other people but in GX and Beaconsfield, not CSP.

Still don't know what I want to do when I grow up...
jake View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2006 at 12:02am

i served cilla black when i was working in carpenters in gx very nice person (not)

lewis collins use to get allowed in winkers with his trainers and us mortals had to wear shoes or no entry for us

Edited by jake
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2006 at 5:10am
I used to deliver the news paper to Margaret Rudderford
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Fans View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2006 at 11:36am

Margaret Rutherford used to live in Joiners Lane opposite the end of Joiners Way, when I lived there her husband used to walk her along Joiners Way in her wheelchair.

Re:  Youth Clubs - I went to St Joseph's YC for a while in the 70's and had my first "snog" in St Joseph's Graveyard!! (we weren't supposed to go outside - now you know why)

moggies View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moggies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2006 at 9:44pm

I had a crush on someone called Martin at St Jo's youth club in 1979. Then went to the Baptist Church youth club coz on Sunday's you could pop over to the Jolly Farmer at 7pm and on Wednesdays the Bus Shelter opposite on the common was quite popular

I snogged Matt in there....

Edited by DanW - 14 August 2018 at 10:00am
Still don't know what I want to do when I grow up...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>