Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Holy Cross - Latest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
Author
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holy Cross - Latest
    Posted: 21 March 2006 at 1:13pm

There have been meetings this morning at Holy Cross, and it appears that there are onlt three days in which to change the minds on the Order, which appears to be committed to closing the school in August, regardless of the financial packages put forward by the school.

That's 22 acres of prime development site in the middle of the village that will no doubt soon be sold off by the Order, unless the actions of the school can show local and national support for it remaining a school rather than a building site.

You can email the Holy Cross to show your support on enquiries@holycrossconventschool.co.uk or email Cheryl Gillan via http://www.writetothem.com/.

(On behalf of Helen & Fontie)

I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
Sponsored Links

Jenny View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 3:54pm
I have written to Cheryl Gillan. It only took a couple of minutes and (hopefully) if enough of us write she should take note.
No one really cares if you are miserable so you might was well be happy. (Cynthia Nelms)
Steve View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:17pm

As we only have three days would it be a good idea to go down there in person and voice our opinion on this, it needs acting on now, if anyone thinks it would be a good idea to have a number of villagers voicing there support for the school and go down there all together as a group.

It sounds to me as they want to sell this land end of story !

Edited by Steve
Darth View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 8:08pm

I think it's a done deal. The school will stay and the surrounding land will be sold for housing, or whatever, to help repay the loans needed to finance the purchase.

Nuns are happy, School and pupils are happy, local residents are very unhappy.

It will happen as it did before in New Malden.

moggies View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moggies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Darth Darth wrote:

Nuns are happy, School and pupils are happy, local residents are very unhappy.

Why do you think the pupils are happy? My understanding from a parent today is that there are not enough places available at alternative schools and therefore some girls are going to be left with no school place whatsoever, anywhere!

Still don't know what I want to do when I grow up...
DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 10:11pm

Darth is assuming a partial sell off of grounds with the school remaining.

More likely a sell off by the Catholic Church to fund their missions in Africa for the next 30 years. <Insert comment here about the spread of HIV>

I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 8:55am
Just wondering. As Holy Cross is a privately funded school, what influence would Cheryl Gillan or any form of local government have in this matter?
Helen View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 9:14am
The school has been there for 8o years and is a big part of all our community and tradition, ie singing carols around the xmas tree, to supporting local and world wide charities. My no2 daughter goes there. And if the school closes. At 8 years old, she might be forced to travel upto 2hrs a day for school. I don't think so. I would consider moving hse and my business for my daughters welfare. Also if the land was developed by ie Tescos it would destroy the village, and local businesses, so I think most people should take action as soon as possible
DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 9:29am
Why would she have to travel 2hrs Helen? There are 3 junior schools in the village (CSP Middle, Robertswood and St Josephs). Also, there is St marys if you want a private school for girls.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 11:26am

never mind the private schools on bull lane aswell,

sense got together as a result of local feeling regarding the planning application submitted by the NSE, so helen why not form a holy cross action group ??????

need a stella and i need one now !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>