FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTa daaaaaa!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Newcomer
Newcomer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 11:37am

Originally posted by DanW DanW wrote:

A 'troll' is deliberately crafted to provoke others with the intention of wasting their time and energy. 

Ah now that definitely rings a bell. I can now understand why you think Carlos is a troll.

Sponsored Links

Zippy View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 11:52am

Hello Folks!

I'm new here too, and like Frontman come from Slough.

But I don't intent to be a 'troll'. I have a genuine but ill-informed interest in Chalfont St. Peter.

Between 1981 and 1996 I worked as a medical technician at St. Thomas' Hospital in London responsible for the maintenance of life-support respirators for people who used them at home.

I regulalry visited a resident whose home was in Chalfont St. Peter, alng with a couple of people who lived at the 'Cheshire Home' nearby.

Bad health forced me to retire in 1996, but I became a part-time writer and once wrote an article about the National Centre for Epilepsy at Chalfont St. Peter.

Being a writer, my curiosity was naturally aroused by comments made by Carlos.

Zippy (so called because of the heart surgery scars down my chest - although 'frontman' will probably try and convince you that it's more a cose of me looking like a character from 'Rainbow'!)

www.richardhill.co.uk

DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 11:55am

Hi Zippy,

There's a few threads on the NSE on the site, mostly (actually all I think) to do with the NSE selling land for development. Some of it makes for interesting reading, especially who the directors are and where they live.

I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
Zippy View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 12:07pm
Thanks Dan. I know people who are affected by the NSE proposals and know a resident and family. Zippy.
Jenny View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 12:14pm
I would just like to say 'Thank you Carlos'. Now I know that may sound weird but because of him posting horrible things about this forum on other forums people have come to have a look and so far the ones that have stayed have been very nice 
So welcome Zippy, Frontman and Hedge Hugger
No one really cares if you are miserable so you might was well be happy. (Cynthia Nelms)
Hedge Hugger View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 12:26pm

Thanks Jenny.

I don't know about the others but I kinda expected to come on here, cause a bit of trouble, find everyone to be stuck up like Carlos said and sod off again.

But to be honest, everyone has been really nice and welcoming and though I haven't had much time to look at the whole forum I will try and do that soon.

Carlos has been irritating me on the Slough forum, with postings along the line of "I like bacon" or "I'm having a chicken sandwich for lunch" though I am told I am over reacting so i wanted to see why he had irritated everyone here and whether it was 'just me'.

Chalfont couldn't be more different from Slough and I think that will make for interesting comparisons with some of the stuff you guys talk about. We can compare how different areas react to different things.

I really don't know how you guys stay off politics though. Half the time it is all the Slough forum can argue about!

HH xx

DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 12:30pm
It's one of the reasons there's a no politics/religion rule - because all other threads get swamped by it and trying to moderate any of these threads means that invariably you will annoy someone who thinks you are too left/right wing! It's a headache I can do without!
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
Hedge Hugger View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 12:59pm

I guess it depends on how much you want to moderate discussions.

Occassional offence is just one of those things I think between any group of people and often the most innoccous things can cause offence. - A chap on the Slough forum still hasn't forgiven me for saying Daily Mail readers were white, middle-class, middle england, and that the Daily Mail hated women, immigrants and homosexuals. Guess he was a Daily Mail reader.

Andy, the moderator on the Slough forum, lets us get away with arguing unless we get really offensive, swear or incite hatred of another group. We don't always agree with the decisions he makes but in the main we moderate ourselves by telling people when they have been out of order.

So politics comes into it quite a lot and it is quite interesting in Slough. Lots of intrigue and disagreements etc. Which is all quite fun.

Don't blame you for not getting involved though. Apparently Andy gets as many complaints when things are removed as when they stay!

frontman View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 1:55pm

Originally posted by DanW DanW wrote:

Have seen the posts about CSP on the Slough forum from Carlos - he's done similar things before on different forums. BTW Frontman, I see you're trying to get banned by your posts on the Slough forum - please don't, it just wastes everybody's time.

Moi?? Trying to get evicted?? Noooo no noo nooooo. hehehe...

Mate, I am all about having a laugh, a good time, a bit of fun. I pop onto these boards during my working day for a bit of light relief and nothing annoys me more that gestapo, anal moderators who think they are looking after some sort of new religion or universe when they set up a board! Not saying AT ALL that you are like that but I have seen boards like that before and theres no better light relief than in winding up those sorts of mods. So fear not mon ami, I will be an asset to this ere forum, I will be shining example of good behaviour and good manners, but you know, these boards should be volatile sometimes, it really spices them up!!

Anyway, hows your day been mate? We have a ******* brilliant mod over on the Slough Forum, he's called Andy and if he was a girl I would want to take him to bed. Along with Richard Hill who will no doubt arrive soon too. He's a top bloke and a great laugh too. My other esteemed colleagues represent the cream of a very healthy crop and are also equally wicked laughs.

Cat is like the "dad" of our forum, he knows a lot and some people dont like him cos of it but he doesnt care, HH is like a "mum" who is always telling people off if they say horrible things. I am like that annoying son who you gave £10,000 to go to uni with who then went and spunked it all on tshirts and beers etc... Although I do have quite a good band! Would you like to talk about music?

BTW, I happen to quite like Carlos, his posts are a bit pointless and only just border into the neither funny nor interesting category but none the less its nice to have someone with a different style about them. Fair play to him.

What do you all do in the daytime then?

A versatile kitchen tool for slicing, dicing, chipping, chopping and shredding fruit and vegetables.
Get the amazing V-Slicer!
frontman View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 1:58pm

Oh just seen that Dicky Doo Daa is already here. I knew he would be!

Hi Jenny, thanks for the welcome! What you up to today? At work slogging away like me (on a forum heheh) or taking it easy at home with the kids?

A versatile kitchen tool for slicing, dicing, chipping, chopping and shredding fruit and vegetables.
Get the amazing V-Slicer!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>