Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feast Day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feast Day
    Posted: 28 June 2015 at 11:45am
Another extremely successful Feast Day!!  Thank you to all involved.  Especially those who envisioned and implemented the re-enactment of the the 1930's Chalfont Heights Hill climbs - Well done!!!
Sponsored Links

Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2015 at 11:51am
Agreed very enjoyable as always, was it my imagination or were there less games and things for the kids to get involved with and more adult type business stalls, i.e. not so Village Fete styled?
Sunray
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2015 at 1:52pm
Indeed, a tremendous effort as always and much appreciated.

I actually thought they had more things for small children this year, like the various games which were set in front of the retail stalls at the 'beacon' end of the common. The 'dog & duck' show was hilarious and enjoyed by all ages. Still a disappointing range of hot food stalls, though. No hog roast again this year? Lots of folks seemed to be drifting away at lunchtime (ourselves included).
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 7:54am
Not sure about the Dog and Ducks. I thought it cruel and worthy of a call to the RSPC.

It seemed busier this year but not a lot there. Lots of rubbish tombolas with prizes of cans of coke.

More stalls selling stuff would have been good.

Still, good turnout and the evening was good.

Integra View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Integra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 5:06pm
Thank you to everyone who contributed to an excellent day.

Sponsors, stallholders, advertisers and our volunteers.

Biggest crowds ever and, even allowing for a few gripes, feedback has been superb - see our Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Cheers

Mike
Integra Property Services
01753 889287
07717 295369
www.integra-ps.com
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2015 at 3:44pm
don't want too many retailers selling stuff, it will look and feel like a car boot sale, - the idea of the stall is for local organisations/ groups / charitable causes/ societies to raise awareness and fund raise if needed, not to out right sell stuff, - a few local businesses are fine, plants, local produce is fine,  sales of local honey from the beekeepers is  perfectly acceptable,

I think the current mix is perfect, and I don't want to see more' shop stalls'- this will spoil what the feast day is all about...
need a stella and i need one now !
Garry View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2015 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

don't want too many retailers selling stuff, it will look and feel like a car boot sale, - the idea of the stall is for local organisations/ groups / charitable causes/ societies to raise awareness and fund raise if needed, not to out right sell stuff, - a few local businesses are fine, plants, local produce is fine,  sales of local honey from the beekeepers is  perfectly acceptable,

I think the current mix is perfect, and I don't want to see more' shop stalls'- this will spoil what the feast day is all about...

Tough call that Baggle's I would think, considering Feast Day is Free entry to all and I would imagine the costs are extremely high to organise and setup, also feast Day is an amazing fund raiser for local charities and organisations, without local business supporting the day it would be extremely challenging for the orgainsers to keep both quality, quantity and keep it free of charge to the public, I would imagine it is tough enough as it is.
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2015 at 9:48pm
It needs a reason for people to stay and spend money. I don't want to spend £5 to win a 50p can of Coke, but that seemed the extent of the Stalls.

White Hart were there which was good, and selling a fairly local brew. A few more stalls with local produce would have been good.

Something like a few Fun Night stalls would have been a welcome addition.

Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2015 at 9:51pm
At least there was a coconut shy and Punch & Judy, to give that Vicar of Dibley feel.

Was missing Kylie though.

born and bred View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote born and bred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2015 at 7:23am
While it is fresh in everyone's mind, now would be a good time to volunteer your ideas and help for next year.
I am sure Mike Day and the committee would be grateful for your input.
Just do it!
local born and bred
 Post Reply Post Reply