Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dangerous failed road service in Packhorse Road
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dangerous failed road service in Packhorse Road

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dangerous failed road service in Packhorse Road
    Posted: 21 May 2016 at 10:08pm
Dear All,

The dangerous failing of the road surface at the junction between Austinwood Lane, Oval Way and Packhorse Road in Gerrards Cross has been reported to Highways on Call.

Regards

MV Owner
Sponsored Links

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 10:23pm
Was also reported as a dangerous fault on the Highways on Call on their 01296 486630 number
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 1:56pm
It was bad and was getting worse for about 8 months.
stop HS2.
Henry View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 2:00pm
I see Highways have put loads of repair markings on Denham / Chesham Lane. I am pleased that something is being done, but with only about 75% of the defects marked I fear the repaired road will not stay good for long.
Why do they not do the whole road?
Keep the green belt green
PeaBee View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeaBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 7:18pm
They have also marked all the potholes in Grove Lane..........It doesn't necessarily mean they are going to mend them.........does it??
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 8:45pm
Here's a lesson to be learnt, so as I understand it. The Blackwall tunnel is closed due to a fuel spillage, destroying 3/4 of the road surface. Resulting in it having to be resurfaced.
Does anybody have some old fuel, they want to loose?
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

GXCSP View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GXCSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 8:32am
I've been complaining to the council and Transport for Bucks for over a year and a half about the astonishingly dangerous flooding there too. They don't care. They really don't care. Always say they'll look in to it. The day an accident happens there, ill pass it all in to the Press. It's not like they haven't been warned.
trebor View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trebor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 9:56am
I tweeted them (@tfbalerts) about this with - they do actually respond quite quickly.  Apparently the failed surface isn't dangerous enough for immediate work but work will be carried out over the summer. I suspect they will continue the resurfacing work from Kingsway. 
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 12:29pm
I have just spoke to Transport for Buckinghamshire who have reported that the local technician inspected this on around 19 May and feel it does not warrant intervention at this time.  They reported it was due to re-surfacing in Summer 2016.

I made Transport for Buckinghamshire aware of this thread.
Paul_G View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 11:04am
Originally posted by trebor trebor wrote:

I tweeted them (@tfbalerts) about this with - they do actually respond quite quickly.  Apparently the failed surface isn't dangerous enough for immediate work but work will be carried out over the summer. I suspect they will continue the resurfacing work from Kingsway. 

Of itself the physical deterioration *may* not be dangerous.  However, I have recently witnessed many motorists swerving (sometimes across to other side of road) to try to avoid the problem areas. Concentrating on this takes attention away from what else is going on around them and IMO is dangerous to all road users, particularly cyclists.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>