Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chiltern Voice Radio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chiltern Voice Radio
    Posted: 09 February 2016 at 3:54pm
Has anyone tuned into this yet?

87.9FM 'the voice of the Chilterns from 7th February to 21st February.  Also via the tunein app apparently.
Sponsored Links

Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2016 at 9:09am
Yes, I have tuned in and in fact I was interviewed by Chiltern Voice radio myself last night.

Chiltern Voice is a not-for-profit community radio station which is entirely supported by donations from local businesses etc. It is a local radio station run by local people for local people and it informs about, and features, local events and local people.

It is a great medium for finding out what is happening in and around Bucks. Although set up for a limited period initially, it has been a big success and is attracting a growing audience. Funding is sufficient that it is set to keep going.

A lot of our older folks are not computer savvy but do listen to the radio, and so Chiltern Voice is especially good for them. We are lucky not to have been hit by floods or snowdrifts etc., but were there to be some sort of disaster, no doubt local radio would play an important role in advising vulnerable folks what to do and where to find help. Youngsters too like to get involved in broadcasting.

Chiltern Voice also plays a wide selection of music to appeal to all tastes.

If you are running a cultural event or a sporting fixture, etc., or if you want to know what's on at the Elgiva and other local places of entertainment, then Chiltern Voice is the radio station for you. They operate out of Chesham Football club and I think they deserve our full support and encouragement.    
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2016 at 5:41pm
Also on your PC - Chiltern Voice 

Art
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
 Post Reply Post Reply