Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

budgens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
Author
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moggies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2006 at 11:13pm
Why was the lad on his own??? That sounds very irresponsible of management.
Still don't know what I want to do when I grow up...
Sponsored Links

moggies View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moggies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2006 at 11:18pm

Originally posted by Tedious Ted Tedious Ted wrote:

You've made my lettuce curl and my cucumber quiver moggies!
Incidentally today I made do with two slices of crusty wholemeal bread and a slice of swiss cheese lightly covered in a wonderful garlic duck liver pate I brought home from a recent French trip - gorgeous!

Do you mean....

"His swiss cheese nudged with urgency against her wholemeal crusts, eventually prising apart her slices, to ease itself into her smooth duck liver pate. As she groaned with ecstasy, the gentle aroma of garlic filled his nostrils......" ?

Still don't know what I want to do when I grow up...
jessama View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 8:23am
Think you should get out more Moggies 
Barn Owl View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barn Owl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 9:10am
Not so much Mills and Boon, as Jilly Cooper meets Fanny Craddock....
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 9:35am
nothing wrong with a good bit of fanny............craddock.....
need a stella and i need one now !
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 9:36am

Originally posted by Barn Owl Barn Owl wrote:

Just been to Budgens and the lady on the checkout told me that a few days ago, in the evening, a member of staff was there on his own,

dont budgens like other employers have to abide by a lone working policy ?

need a stella and i need one now !
J.R. View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 10:54am
[QUOTE=big baggles]

a lone working policy ?

new one to me .... pray explain (in brief !!) thanks

JR was ere
Barn Owl View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barn Owl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 11:18am
I should think that the legislation that it comes within is the Health and Safety at Work Act - which says that an employer has to provide a safe system of work, which must really include that an employer shouldn't be at work alone - not necessarily because of any risk of attack, but general stuff like trip hazards - if you hurt yourself, then the employer is probably exposed if it has allowed or even caused youto be there on your own without help.

I have been into Budgens late in the evening, and it has been almost empty apart from someone on check out. I imagine that there has been someone in the office or whatever, but not on the shop floor.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 11:26am
If you do have lone workers you only need to contact them every half hour and request them to say "Im ok".
Barn Owl View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barn Owl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 11:42am
Where does it say that??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>