Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone recommend a good person to cut hedges?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone recommend a good person to cut hedges?
    Posted: 22 July 2016 at 12:19pm
This time last year, I asked if any kind soul might recommend a local person to cut my hedges. I followed up one of your suggestions and was delighted with the gent who called, cut the hedges and took away the laurel leaves for a reasonable charge. He had no business card, though, and I cannot again find the piece of paper on which he or I scribbled his name. If you were the kind person who recommended this very good chap, I'd be ever so grateful if you would kindly give me his details again. I won't lose them this time - promise!
Sponsored Links

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2016 at 2:04pm
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2016 at 6:50am
Many thanks, Sid. I've spent ages trying to re-locate that thread. It was Fred Jackson and he did a splendid job.
Taint View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2016 at 6:54pm
Fred lost his phone ages ago and his suppliers got the number wrong when he renewed it lol

New number for Fred is 0758 469 4480

Still doing a cracking job on straight hedges
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2016 at 7:00am
Many thanks, Taint. I've been calling that old number for a week now!
Sunny P View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunny P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2017 at 10:09am
Hello Bucks Fizz,
Did you manage to contact Fred Jackson last year? And did you manage to get your hedge sorted again?
We're looking for someone reliable - and not too expensive - to do a bit of a 'tidy-up' so would be grateful for your advice...
Many thanks...
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2017 at 10:37am
We'd actually got someone else in as we'd been unable to get him via his (lost) phone. But we thought he did a great job last time when the hedge had got quite overgrown. Now that we've got his new number (see post above) we've asked him to come again soon to cut our laurel hedge and are just awaiting his call to fix a day. He's arranging a family funeral at the mo, so he's not available immediately.
Sunny P View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunny P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2017 at 10:49am
Hello Bucks Fizz!
Thank you for getting back so quickly - much appreciated!
So sorry to hear poor Fred Jackson has had a Family Bereavement... My condolences to him and his Family...
Like you, just planning ahead... Probably a bit too early to have our hedge trimmed right now, but saw your recommendation and thought I'd get in contact - want to get someone in place before it becomes urgent!
Thanks again... Will be contacting Fred Jackson in due course...
Hope all goes well...
No?DireStraits View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No?DireStraits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2017 at 4:54pm
hey Sunny (et al)
condolences indeed to fred.
Sunny as you seek a hedge-trimming person (btw, my handyman bro ian who has petrol/Cordless tools might be available to help..sooner),
I myself might need help changing our website address on this forum.
Do you know how to do it? I might contact Admin.
Before SocialMedia was invented & tookHold even inVillages :) , I had created a website for my LOCKSMITH & HANDYMAN bro. However, now I want to show on our InviroSolutions profile, a newer website ( via a Tradesmen's Reg.Org website/Portal) which was even given to us for Free.
How do I change our oldHomepage inProfile (on the left, under Info), to

http://www.mylocallocksmith.com/find-locksmith/inviro-solutions/

thx
T     

Edited by No?DireStraits - 13 February 2017 at 5:18pm
Sunny P View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunny P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2017 at 10:45pm
Hello T / No?DireStraits,

No sorry, haven't got a clue how to change your 'oldHomepage inProfile'...
Suggest you contact Admin...
Thanks...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>