Forum Home Forum Home > General > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amersham

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amersham
    Posted: 08 April 2007 at 4:15pm

Went to Amersham today, shows i havent been there a while, how long has the Iron Horse been gone and whats that in its place? A wine bar?

Sponsored Links

Wolfie View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 11:12am
That place is a restaurant - Lemoncello.  I posted a review under 'general eating out'.  Wouldn't go again.  I also posted the same review on the amersham.org site, and the thread has been removed.  The webmasters site says something like 'we may remove threads if asked, or if deemed to be in the best nature of the site' or something like that.  Well my thread was factual, and so were the other two or was it three posts from other people who didn't have a good time there.   I wonder if the egotistical bloke who owns it has asked for it to be removed.   Doing a google search on the place I came up with this below
uktv.co.uk/index.cfm/uktv/Food.thread/threadID/29134

Edited by Wolfie - 09 April 2007 at 11:19am

Power to the people

jessama View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 12:12pm
Nothing but good reports on that (uktv) site I see.  Perhaps the Amersham Forum is not like this one which allows personal opinion and respects freedom of speech Approve.  Maybe Amersham's rules should say that personal opinion is not permitted - unless it is praising.  

Who is Frank Bordoni anyway?
Life is a balancing act
GOP
Wolfie View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 1:28pm
He's some TV chef in a programme on Saturdays, apparently.    I agree with your comments about the Amersham site.  Even if someone had said something totally untrue, or defamatory, all the webmaster had to do was remove that particular post not the whole topic.    Everybody who had made a comment on the amersham site had been there, so the posts were factual, just not complementary.

Edited by Wolfie - 09 April 2007 at 1:29pm

Power to the people

jessama View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 1:52pm
I wonder if the thread would have been removed if the comments had been complimentary.  Surely if a person comments on a restaurant, even if it is less than complimentary, it cannot be considered defamatory or libelous if it is personal opinion.

(Cue your avatar.)
Life is a balancing act
GOP
Anne View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2007 at 10:25am
oh didnt know there was a amersham forum.. i went on the coleshill site.. didnt even have a forum :(
Voice of An angel
Anne View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2007 at 11:19am
i got lonely in there :(
Voice of An angel
zoom View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2007 at 11:42am

As someone who posted on the Amersham thread I can tell you that there was nothing defamatory or abusive in the thread just lots of comments about why LEMONCELLO was not as good as it thinks it is.

I personally posted a message saying it was ok but not up to the standard one should expect for the price ie it is very overpriced (eg £50 per head).

For that money I'd recommend Artichoke, Gilbey's or Famous Fish instead.

The food was ok, pretty ordinary actually.  The atmosphere was dreadful, noisy, manic, canteen-style, TV screens showing films of Frank Bordoni shows (!!!!).

The reason there are only postive message on the UKTV web site is because that messages have to be approved and the moderators don't allow critical posts...  I posted a message on the UKTV site saying

"I ate at FB's restaurant and wasn't impressed.  The food was ok, the atmosphere wasn't good and it was very over-priced".

BTW the UKTV board has several comments which are not entirely positive.

Finally if you were a busy webmaster running a forum in your spare time and you received a threat of legal action unless you removed all references to a particular business and you don't have the time, money or energy to defend it what would you do ?

BTW he can't even spell... it should be LIMONCELLO.

Edited by zoom - 18 May 2007 at 12:01pm
Eaton View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eaton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 10:53am
UKTV are still censoring the posts on the Lemoncello/Frank Bordoni section and the usual 'celebrity' hangers on are out in full force.  Most of them claim to be really good friends of his!  No doubt he'd not recognise them if he met them in the street.

The amersham site has again got a thread about this, as presumably FB has other things on his mind than threatening people with lawsuits.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 1:14pm
i heard lemincello has or is about to cease trading......
need a stella and i need one now !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>