Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

101 Restaurant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 101 Restaurant
    Posted: 22 January 2012 at 5:23pm
101 Sycamore road Amersham.
Had dinner in there yesterday with my daughter. very good!

Perveyor of crap knob jokes since 2007.
Sponsored Links

oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 6:34pm
wish we had things like this
amersham is thriving
all we seem to get is average curry houses, charity shops and coffee.
stop HS2.
pierre View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 6:59pm

I walked out of the Swan and Bottle at Uxbridge because of slow service and the same of the Boot and Slipper at Amersham because there was only one person serving at the bar and people were queuing up for service.

If a restaurant can't be bothered to welcome you at the bar then what chance have they of serving you a meal efficiently? At 101 the waiter opened the door and led us to a table, presented the menus and we were eating within 15 minutes!
Under £40 for 2 starters, 2 mains and 2 wines.
and the service was excellent.
nur!  Tongue
Perveyor of crap knob jokes since 2007.
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 7:17pm
the boot and swan are the same brand as was the old ethorpe,
which i'm not keen.

stop HS2.
timo_w2s View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timo_w2s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2012 at 8:44am
Originally posted by pierre pierre wrote:

If a restaurant can't be bothered to welcome you at the bar then what chance have they of serving you a meal efficiently? At 101 the waiter opened the door and led us to a table, presented the menus and we were eating within 15 minutes!
Under £40 for 2 starters, 2 mains and 2 wines.
and the service was excellent.

nur!  [IMG]http://www.chalfontstpeter.com/forum/smileys/smiley17.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Tongue" />

Shall have to try them sometime, I've never really noticed it. That's what I like about Wildwood in Gerrards Cross, great service every time we've been.
Who is General Failure and why's he reading my hard disk?
jdp80 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdp80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2012 at 11:20am
Originally posted by oldchris oldchris wrote:

the boot and swan are the same brand as was the old ethorpe, which i'm not keen.

Ethorpe is the same, customer's a hinderance and it's all overpriced anyway
Roy B View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2012 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by jdp80 jdp80 wrote:

Originally posted by oldchris oldchris wrote:

the boot and swan are the same brand as was the old ethorpe, which i'm not keen.

Ethorpe is the same, customer's a hinderance and it's all overpriced anyway
Your right, customers are a big inconvenience to the staff at the Ethorpe.
Last time I went to the Ethorpe there was 10 of us and it took over an hour to get our food, the service was terrible so we complained. The manageress was apologetic and gave us 50% of the bill. I got the impression it was a regular occurance with the service.

Edited by Roy B - 23 January 2012 at 5:48pm
PeaBee View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeaBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 4:35pm
Can I just mention, whilst talking about restaurants, that many - including Wildwood - DO NOT pass the tips onto staff when any tip is added to a Credit Card or debit card method of payment.

I think this is dreadful practice and very de-motivational. I am led to believe the reason being that they receive many CV's weekly and can afford to say 'If you don't like it you know what you can do'

If you can, by all means pay by card, but leave cash for any tip!
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by PeaBee PeaBee wrote:

Can I just mention, whilst talking about restaurants, that many - including Wildwood - DO NOT pass the tips onto staff when any tip is added to a Credit Card or debit card method of payment.

I think this is dreadful practice and very de-motivational. I am led to believe the reason being that they receive many CV's weekly and can afford to say 'If you don't like it you know what you can do'

If you can, by all means pay by card, but leave cash for any tip!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/oct/01/tips-restaurants-unite-protest
stop HS2.
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2012 at 6:47pm
I can echo the good reports about restaurant 101. I was sorry to see both the butchers and the traditional upstairs tea shop go, but I've breakfasted several times in 101 and have found the food, service, value and friendliness of the patron excellent. Haven't tried an evening meal but those prices sound appealing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>